Bike Storage - Hanging from wall?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reefcat

With our new bikes arriving next week, we're about to have a bit of a storage problem in the garage. Been looking around the web and there seem to be any number of "solutions". With the space we have available, the wall hooks that hang the bike vertically against the wall look like the most efficient.

Does anyone use these, are they any good or will they damage the wheel & spokes.

Thank you

Globalti

Legendary Member
Your bike is designed to carry a rider weighing up to 100 kilos and it weighs about 8 kilos. Is it going to destroy itself by hanging from a wheel?

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
I think it would all come down to the method of hanging the bike. Using a hook form that you can pad and then sit the frame on would be okay. I have a stand that I got from Aldi that I've put my summer gloves over the hooks and stuck my racer up on it no problems. hanging from the wheels could only really be a problem if you've not got the wheels tight enough to prevent them separating from the frame. properly hung and cared for shouldn't see it being a problem unless knocked off :smile:

I'm going to do something like this:
minipenny.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
My motley crue, I have hung bikes for years . I buy the hangers from ebay at about £9 for 3.
DSC_0027.JPG

The only problem in hanging vertically is that I won't be able to park the car on the garage.
By hanging it horizontal, I can still park the car under them.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4064786, member: 9609"]that's not normal - may be you need psychiatric help[/QUOTE]

To be honest my shed looks more like your garage, so I am far from super tidy. That heater is the one I should have brought rather than the noisy blower one I do have. The next build is going to have underfloor heating in the garage, like the house has.

Top Bottom