Bike Hanging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
In process of tidying up the garage to get everything organised and also clearing out stuff I don't use. The aim is to regain space for working on the bike, turbo trainer usage and for a cross trainer for the missus.

Sorted better shelving already and now looking to store the bikes more efficiently. What are your thoughts on wall mounting bikes by hanging from the wheels?

My initial thought is that I don't like the idea of the bike weight hanging off a single section of the wheel, but happy to hear from anyone who has used them.

Quite fancy the SteadyRack, which lets the whole wheel sit in the rack and allows you to pivot to the side for better usage of the space. Anyone used one? Pretty pricey at £55 a pop though, as will need two.

DRHysted

Guru
Been hanging them vertically for years without any issues. A very good way to use the space.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I find these good for hanging 2 bikes on, I've got em in both (concrete) Sheds
Mottez-2-Bike-Folding-Wall-Mount-Storage-Rack-32644-Medium.jpg

EDIT - The fold up ones are better than the fixed versions, easier to move past them when not in use

oldroadman

Veteran
The arms are covered by ridged plastic sleeves on mine (like the ones pictured) and it's easier to have the bikes facing in opposite directions (stops the handlebars clashing)
Cheaper and easier, a couple of 90 degree angle brackets, fix to wall, protect with pipe wrap (insulation), job done. hang by top tube (or seat tube?). Job done.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cheaper and easier, a couple of 90 degree angle brackets, fix to wall, protect with pipe wrap (insulation), job done. hang by top tube (or seat tube?). Job done.
I did that for a friend about 20 years ago. It worked well, but the bike fell off a few weeks ago when one bracket came loose! :blush:

Make sure that you use long enough screws ...

PS The bike was not damaged, though a couple of dinner plates got smashed.

Top Bottom