Bike Hanging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Cheers for all your replies guys!

I have one wall bracket already. A horizontal one. Have no issues with the sloping top tube on my Winter bike.

Am going to grab a pair of vertical hanging brackets once I have cleared the crap this week.

Like the look of the SteadyRack ones, but £110 is more than I can stomach.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hanging from front wheel has worked well for me without problems for as long as I can remember.

What stops the bikes from pivoting on the hook and hitting each other or the wall?

GC

screenman

Legendary Member
What stops the bikes from pivoting on the hook and hitting each other or the wall?

GC

They hang with the back wheel off of the ground, as long as the front wheel is straight then they hang straight. Honestly I have been hanging bikes this way since at least 1990, just in those days we had a lot more of them.

screenman

Legendary Member
I hang mine from the rear wheel. I don't like the weight of the bike on the headset bearings, though as no one has ever reported any such issues I doubt it matters.

But still, peace of mind and all that...

I would have thought there was far more stress on the components whe riding the bike, rather than hanging it up.

screenman

Legendary Member
I shall have to put some more pictures up sometime, it does have a flat screen tv, dvd and now only a small Ipod station, if used to have a 7 speaker system up but I felt that was messy. The car also goes in there every night.

G-Zero

Über Member
I hang mine in a "riding position" with a hook under the saddle, in front of the seat post. From the lack of other similar posts, I'm just waiting for someone to tell me this method is not good.... And why !

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I hang mine from the rear wheel. I don't like the weight of the bike on the headset bearings, though as no one has ever reported any such issues I doubt it matters.

I would be more comfortable hanging by the rear wheel too. Probably no issue, but sounds safer, I agree.

Drago

Legendary Member

It's cool bleud, the weight of the bike is nothing compared to the load they handle when braking hard.

400bhp

Guru
Hung from the wheels, top to tail to save space (top brackets are higher than the tail bracket).

3 bikes takes up about 1.5m lengthways & still room underneath them to put bits & pieces.

Top Bottom