Bike Hanging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
I find these good for hanging 2 bikes on, I've got em in both (concrete) Sheds
Mottez-2-Bike-Folding-Wall-Mount-Storage-Rack-32644-Medium.jpg

EDIT - The fold up ones are better than the fixed versions, easier to move past them when not in use

I have two of these. One high up for my MTB and one below it that holds the tow bar bike rack out of the way.
I need to find a better home for my road bike though - it still leans up against some cupboards :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hung from the wheels, top to tail to save space (top brackets are higher than the tail bracket).

3 bikes takes up about 1.5m lengthways & still room underneath them to put bits & pieces.
I'm thinking along similar lines but for 5 bikes - my 4 bikes plus room for a 'guest' bike. I have a suitable stretch of wall in mind, once I have moved furniture round to make space.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know most of us have seen the film before but it shows hanging bikes on the train, on 1 minute 45 seconds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyz5d3entBw

I suppose the bikes were so heavy in those days, they didn't sway around too much?

Train bike compartments these days have many different ways of securing bikes, or in some cases not securing them! I always carry a bungee cord or two when taking my bike by train so I can make sure that my bike does not move about.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hung from the wheels, top to tail to save space (top brackets are higher than the tail bracket).

3 bikes takes up about 1.5m lengthways & still room underneath them to put bits & pieces.
Any chance of a pic?

When we move, I'll have a smaller space for the bikes so really interested in this thread and your description sounds fab but I just can't see it in my mind's eye.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You can get a Lidl bike hoist ( or similar) for under £7 that enables you to hang a bike from a ceiling with a hook under the bars and another one under the saddle. Even with the bike stashed in "the riding position", it requires a fair bit of headroom is you want to wander about beneath. Stair wells are good.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I already keep hitting my head against a pair of stock Giant wheels/tyres. They're like magnets to my head!

A bike hanging there would be a nightmare.

robgul

Legendary Member
This
workshop-a-oct11.png
works for me - bikes are hung top/tail to get them closer together (I now also have blocks of wood screwed to the wall to position either side of the the lower wheel and stop them moving about) - the hooks are pressed metal - Halfords sell them for about 7 or 8 quid - with an extra bit of old tyre taped on the bit that goes through the wheel to avoid scratching the rims - and pipe lagging on the tubes to avoid scratching. 8 bikes hanging across the back of the garage. (BTW - the trike on the floor has now been sold)

Rob

Last edited:

400bhp

Guru
Any chance of a pic?

When we move, I'll have a smaller space for the bikes so really interested in this thread and your description sounds fab but I just can't see it in my mind's eye.

Yeah sure. I'll take one when I get home this evening.

Top Bottom