Bike Hanging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
If I am to be honest the 16x8 foot wooden shed behind my garage contains the rubbish, which obviously accumulated to fill the space available.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
If I am to be honest the 16x8 foot wooden shed behind my garage contains the rubbish, which obviously accumulated to fill the space available.
My junk was from a previous house where I had a 20ft x 12ft shed!

I had a major sort out and only kept the "essentials". 3 years later and I haven't used most of it, so has to go!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
My Dad has recently volunteered for a local charity shop that deals solely on tools and DIY type stuff, along with some gardening boys too.

Have given everything to him to take in. Hopefully they will profit nicely. The shop sells for profit to everyday folk, but also sell cheaper to local people who are learning a trade. Profit goes into local area too, so works pretty well in fairness.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I screwed a hanger to a lump of oak .

001_zps2b5a6320.jpg
002_zps159cbe37.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The two times I bought mine from the seller I linked, they both arrived next day. Not sure how they can do it with that weight.
My bike hanging hooks have arrived. They are pretty impressive chunks of metal ...

No wonder the Chinese economy is going through a blip - how on earth do they manufacture 4 items as substantial as these, and ship them to the UK at a price low enough that a dealer can flog them to me for £9.99, pay Yodel to deliver them, pay eBay fees and still make a worthwhile profit! :wacko:

Anyway - here's a picture of them.

Bike hooks.jpg

I had allocated one wall to them but my sister suggested that I use the opposite wall instead. I agree with her reasoning which was that they would have been very prominent in the original location, whereas the second wall is tucked away to the side of the doorway.

I'll do another post when I have the hooks in place with bikes hanging from them.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
My bike hanging hooks have arrived. They are pretty impressive chunks of metal ...

No wonder the Chinese economy is going through a blip - how on earth do they manufacture 4 items as substantial as these, and ship them to the UK at a price low enough that a dealer can flog them to me for £9.99, pay Yodel to deliver them, pay eBay fees and still make a worthwhile profit! :wacko:

Anyway - here's a picture of them.

View attachment 102597

I had allocated one wall to them but my sister suggested that I use the opposite wall instead. I agree with her reasoning which was that they would have been very prominent in the original location, whereas the second wall is tucked away to the side of the doorway.

I'll do another post when I have the hooks in place with bikes hanging from them.
That's what I use.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Mine arrived at my local Argos yesterday. No time to get them until Monday though.

Totally agree with you @ColinJ. Artificially pegging your currency so low against the Dollar for so long might have something to do with the production cost minimisation.

A mate used to work for M&P, a large motorcycle accessory and parts company. One example he gave was for tank pads. Rubberised plastic pads shaped for the tank with various designs behind, to protect tank from your zip scratching it. They bought them for 0.001p each. Yes, 1,000 for 1p! Then sold them for between £8 and £15 a pop!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Went to collect mine lunchtime. One bracket weighs more than both of my bikes! :smile:

Amazing how well made they are for £2.50 a throw. Looking forward to putting 2 of them up later and testing them out.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Any pointers on fitting? Distance from ceiling for a standard 700c wheel? Distance from each other? Etc.

Top Bottom