Bike theft today, please keep an eye out for these 3 bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'd be suprised if the police did anything at all.
Well, my point is that we were surprised that they got the bloke, but they did, so it is always worthwhile to report it at the least. I wasn't sure if your friend had, but if the house has been done over then I'm sure he or she has. I don't think I was surprised that they turned up.

OP
OP
twinnies

twinnies

Regular
why did you say they were yours, then?
I never said they were mine, I was simply sharing a post from my friends FB page!

OP
OP
twinnies

twinnies

Regular
Did the police send anyone out to inspect? If this is a gang that's causing trouble locally they might try for forensic evidence. This happened to us (no bikes involved) and they got the guy with DNA as he was already a miscreant logged on police files. We were surprised but pleased - he went down.
Yes the police came as did the CSI.

Ganymede

Veteran
Yes the police came as did the CSI.
Good. Forensics is so much better now - our burglars wore gloves but the forensics lady picked up the screws that they had taken out of the doors and said: these will have DNA on - even with gloves, they have such rough edges... and you'd be amazed how people will put them in their mouths without thinking"!

The really cool thing is that my nephew started going out with a girl who works in forensics and she said it was probably her that ran the analysis and caught the guy. Good luck anyway, I hope you get the bikes back even though I'm afraid it's a slim hope. We got a few belongings back but all the saleable stuff went.

OP
OP
twinnies

twinnies

Regular
The thieves have been caught, while robbing another local house! They had my friends dad's car key in their pocket! The police have said they will never see the bikes again though. Two are on bail, one is in court next week.
Classic33, of course I passed on the info. Does it matter who's bikes were nicked, the important thing was to get the info out to as many people as possible in order for people to keep an eye out for them.

Ganymede

Veteran
That's great news twinnies. A bit like what happened with us - our toerags got nicked for something else (something really stupid, pleasingly) and then the DNA off our door pointed the finger at them for our robbery as well.

Cyclist33

The thieves have been caught, while robbing another local house! They had my friends dad's car key in their pocket! The police have said they will never see the bikes again though. Two are on bail, one is in court next week.
Classic33, of course I passed on the info. Does it matter who's bikes were nicked, the important thing was to get the info out to as many people as possible in order for people to keep an eye out for them.

In the eyes of the law, of course it would matter, but of course you're right and we do care and share on CC, mostly... Nonetheless the simple fact is that you typed your original post such that it sounded like they were your bikes that got pilfered. Rather than defending the error, why not just hold up and say, my bad?

classic33

Leg End Member
In the eyes of the law, of course it would matter, but of course you're right and we do care and share on CC, mostly... Nonetheless the simple fact is that you typed your original post such that it sounded like they were your bikes that got pilfered. Rather than defending the error, why not just hold up and say, my bad?
Glad it wasn't only me that read the post that way.

Top Bottom