1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike trailer for toddler

Discussion in 'Family and Recreational Cycling' started by fineanddandy, 11 Jun 2017.

1. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Barmy in Barming

No worries
    The trailer is still for sale.. see HERE
  2. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Good trailers are expensive, but they hold their value so if you get one second hand you should be able to re-sell it with minimal loss. I've used a Croozer and a Burley - both highly recommended. They have loads of boot space and protect the kids from the weather, so have advantages over a child seat. The stroller attachments are handy if e.g. you are cycling to the shops and your child has fallen asleep.

We used the trailers from age 6 months up to 5 years. I've stopped now as the two kids (age 3 and 5) were getting too big to fit in the Burley and the weight was getting too much for their old dad.

Gratuitous proud parent pics:
    1. Croozer for One.
    2. Burley d'lite for two:
    3. Our current arrangement:
    Sixmile likes this.
  3. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

N Ireland
    The same age as my two are now but we're planning one last big run this July from Belfast to Dublin to Holyhead to Chester in the trailer before the double Croozer bows out. The hills sure get tougher every year that passes! Precious memories though.
    ransos likes this.
  4. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Nice! I have a micro tour planned for next weekend - taking my younger daughter camping for the night. I hope to fit all the gear on the WeeHoo in the picture above, but if not it will be back to the Burley for the final time.
  5. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

N Ireland
    Yes, packing is a challenge but one I enjoy. I've been keeping an eye out for a WeeHoo too to progress to. So far I've just picked up a trailgator in the meantime.