Bike Trailers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Anyone know much about them?

The missus is after one to carry the dog (Jack Russel terrier cross) and the occasional bit of shopping. I'd estimate it'll only ever do 2-5 miles at a time.

The ones we've seen around seem mostly to be a bit overengineered (we don't need seats and safety belts a la the kiddy carrying ones) or basic (nothing to stop the dog leaping out mid ride and frolicking in the road).

Lightness would be a defnite plus, given that the towing bike is an Apollo made of girders (I know, but apparently it's fine) as would cheapness, given that the missus doesn't really know how much bike stuff can cost (not a bad attribute in a spouse, I say).

Any advice much appreciated.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll be getting rid of the car next.......

Now't wrong with an Apollo - my wife's Apollo is over 12 years old, but only get's used a couple of times a year though !

Night Train

Maker of Things
You could make your own. There are sites to be found on Google that show how people have made low cost trailers for various jobs. Alternatively you might find a second hand kiddie trailer on Ebay or on Freecycle. I would personally go for a kiddie trailer that has a zip down flyscreen to keep the dog in but not tied down. They also have shopping space in the back as well.

[URL="http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-trailers/index.html]Bikes and Trailers[/URL] do a couple of dog based designs.....

Will depend on dog and size.

doggyride.jpg

This one is about £160

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
andy_wrx said:
At the Tandemania tandem event a few yours ago were a couple with a labrador, who sat in an open box-type trailer.

They'd trained him to jump out and run alongside when climbing steep hills, then jump back in again at the top.

Be better if they could have trained him to bite on a rope and give them a tow !!!! :wacko:

Top Bottom