Bike valuation please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I got £450ish for a slightly upgraded 2014 Boardman Team Carbon a year ago on eBay. People go a bit mad on there.

Old Di2, as in one of the examples, is problematic. 10 speed Di2 spares are like hens' teeth (a good USED rear mech is £500) and converting the whole bike to later Di2 spec would cost thousands. I don't know what SRAM parts availability is like.

I think a lot's changed in a year. I've long-toyed with the idea of selling my 2017 Team Carbon, and up until fairly recently they were holding pretty well at around £400-450; now they seem to be a lot less..

That's interesting about Di2, but sadly not surprising. Confirms one of my many reasons for staying well away from electronic groupsets..

Good morning,
.......... Old Di2, as in one of the examples, is problematic. 10 speed Di2 spares are like hens' teeth (a good USED rear mech is £500) ...........
I agree, which is why I was watching it as I have the same bike and was considering it solely for spares.

IMG_1916.JPG

and yet it still went for only £350, no great rush to buy it and sell the components separately or keep it for spares.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom