Bike Week 19-27 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doing a Portsmouth to Brighton Ride for Meningitis UK.

taxing

Hopefully my new bike will be arriving. :tongue: No events scheduled around here that I've been able to find, but who needs events when you've got a new bike?

quidditys_shore

unknown to me i've started off bike week today with my first official commute to work! :biggrin: yay me!!!

i work in redcar were theres nothing going on. but i'm off work wednesday so may go into middlesbrough & get a free cycle check, minor repairs & a free healthy beakfast. dont know what that will be but i can wish for a bacon butty & a cup of tea! :biggrin:

that is assuming i can find a safe enough route into boro! never even looked at cycling there & not confident enough for road riding.

timmcp

Yes our workplace is having a bike week :biggrin:

They are doing a few things, of course the obligatory free breakfast, but also a led bike ride along the promenade which I think is about 10 miles and also a free service and maintenance check from the LBS and free police tagging! Hopefully not on the ankle!

quidditys_shore

timmcp said:
Yes our workplace is having a bike week :biggrin:

They are doing a few things, of course the obligatory free breakfast, but also a led bike ride along the promenade which I think is about 10 miles and also a free service and maintenance check from the LBS and free police tagging! Hopefully not on the ankle!

lucky you!

ours is a small company that arent doing anything, in fact that get REALLY annoyed with staff who are cycling to work as they want thier bikes to ne stored safely onsite, but they wont allow it.
you may not of heard of them, morrisons supermarket? :biggrin:
there's atleast 4 days staff who cycle to work, and most of the nightshift do it yet they dont help. they wont even let us leave them in the back yard, outside the warehouse.

kkdub

Have just bought a new Ridgeback so hoping to get out tommorrow for a little ride - which will include a pub lunch somewhere the otherside of a hill!!

Mike!

Guru
Apparently i can cycle up to the rail station or hospital in the morning and get a hi-viz goodie bag.

Probably full of crap i won't use but might have a look as the hospital is on my route in anyway!

Top Bottom