Bike Week at school

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I live near a primary school (age 4 - 11). Not sure for which age group they do this, but, they do from time to time set up an obstacle course with cones in the playground, and, a sort of mock road system with junctions, pedestrian crossing etc.

Good luck. ;)

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I live near a primary school (age 4 - 11). Not sure for which age group they do this, but, they do from time to time set up an obstacle course with cones in the playground, and, a sort of mock road system with junctions, pedestrian crossing etc.

Good luck. ;)
I like the idea of a mock road system. Thanks,

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Bike Day was a success. The rain held off for an hour whilst my little people cycled loops of the playground with great delight. One crash (with a tyre imprint on a leg). One fall (with road rash). One strange tumble (with leg bruising). But 11 happy children and enormous grins throughout.

They loved the Danny Macaskill films - we've written to him and are crossing our fingers for a reply. They designed helmets and had a role-play bike shop. They pumped up an inner tube so much it exploded (great teachable moment) and had a bike-washing station outside. It was an epic week!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Bike Day was a success. The rain held off for an hour whilst my little people cycled loops of the playground with great delight. One crash (with a tyre imprint on a leg). One fall (with road rash). One strange tumble (with leg bruising). But 11 happy children and enormous grins throughout.

They loved the Danny Macaskill films - we've written to him and are crossing our fingers for a reply. They designed helmets and had a role-play bike shop. They pumped up an inner tube so much it exploded (great teachable moment) and had a bike-washing station outside. It was an epic week!
That’s fantastic to hear @Cathryn , I’m so glad it went well! It sounds like a new generation of cyclists have found their true calling. And there’s nothing cooler to a child than making something explode! :becool::becool::becool:

postman

Legendary Member
Many years ago I helped as a parent at school bicycle days,run by the council.I loved it the school even fed me a dinner and a pudding,but sorry to say the number of bikes the children were riding were failed and the children were sent back to the classroom,others needed attention and parents were informed of the bikes condition.

Top Bottom