Bike weights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't think there is one site that lists all bike weights. Some manufacturers keep weights very close to their chest.
What bikes specifically are you wanting weights for?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The important one is the frame weight - a mid sized 2011 was 1200g. So it's a bit of a porker!

Cyclist33

Tell me about it. Saying that, not sure what use it'd be. I weighed my hybrid at 13 kegs the other day but that was with water, two bottle cages, two seat packs with puncture kits etc, a pump, plus pedals which are not normally quoted by makers. No idea what it would be stripped down, and can't be arsed to find out. Presumably if you're racing for a team on a serious basis, they will do all that, and if you're not, what does it matter!

Stu

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
It matters because a lighter bike is nicer to ride (esp. uphill). If you are spending biggish bucks on a nice road bike, it's reasonable to want to know how much it weighs, in comparison to what else may be on offer...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sellyb be aware about using carbon framed bikes in any weather as to hot and they melt , to cold and they freeze solid too wet and they turn to liquid etc etc etc .

Top Bottom