Bike weights

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Sellyb, 8 Aug 2012.

1. Sellyb

Sellyb Active Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a website that lists bike weights? They are so difficult to find out.
    Thanks

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I don't think there is one site that lists all bike weights. Some manufacturers keep weights very close to their chest.
    What bikes specifically are you wanting weights for?

3. Peteaud

Peteaud Veteran

4. OP
    OP
    Sellyb

Sellyb Active Member

The Colnago Ace 2012 but I can't find it. A smiley face to the one that finds it for me!

5. Sittingduck

Sittingduck Guru

I suppose it depends on the spec and size...

6. OP
    OP
    Sellyb

Sellyb Active Member

It's the 105 and will prob be a 50cm

7. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

8. Sittingduck

Sittingduck Guru

Educated guess (got some info from an American retailer website, for an Ultegra version) would be 8 - 8.5kg, prob closer to the top end...

9. accountantpete

accountantpete Legendary Member

The important one is the frame weight - a mid sized 2011 was 1200g. So it's a bit of a porker!

10. OP
    OP
    Sellyb

Sellyb Active Member

^_^ Thanks guys

11. Cyclist33

Cyclist33 Guest

Tell me about it. Saying that, not sure what use it'd be. I weighed my hybrid at 13 kegs the other day but that was with water, two bottle cages, two seat packs with puncture kits etc, a pump, plus pedals which are not normally quoted by makers. No idea what it would be stripped down, and can't be arsed to find out. Presumably if you're racing for a team on a serious basis, they will do all that, and if you're not, what does it matter!

Stu

12. Sittingduck

Sittingduck Guru

It matters because a lighter bike is nicer to ride (esp. uphill). If you are spending biggish bucks on a nice road bike, it's reasonable to want to know how much it weighs, in comparison to what else may be on offer...

13. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Sellyb be aware about using carbon framed bikes in any weather as to hot and they melt , to cold and they freeze solid too wet and they turn to liquid etc etc etc .

vickster likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Sellyb

Sellyb Active Member

Oh goodness, can you take them out at all?! Maybe I should stick to aluminium!

15. tincaman

tincaman Veteran

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice