Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AresTo

Regular
If I am planning to buy my first road bike, and it is for long-term usage. Will you guys recommend Triban RC120 or Giant 2021 Contend2? Or do you guys have any recommendations?

vickster

Legendary Member
How much are you looking to spend?
I’d personally go for the Giant if it’s the right size and fit for you.
I have a basic, non disc Triban and it’s heavy and dull to ride (was bought to lock up at a station).
Have you looked at or preferably ridden anything else?

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t have chance to try any of them yet as both shop isn’t near me.

I'd find something closer by. £500 should get you a very decent used bike. The Triban is only £350 new, heavy with basic components. Disc version is £500 with very bog basic (not very good) disc brakes

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
It is just for leisure. To be honest I am quite short which makes me quite hard to find second hand bike that suits me

vickster

Legendary Member
It is just for leisure. To be honest I am quite short which makes me quite hard to find second hand bike that suits me

How short?
Smaller bikes are often labelled as ladies but there’s very little difference (assuming you’re male, you may need to change the saddle)

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
I am around 160-165

Gillstay

Über Member
And I prefer to buy a new bike

Why, when at the current time there is loads of little used good quality bikes for sale as the market was so over supplied during covid.

Also you could get much more quality for the same money as others have pointed out. Its only new on the day you buy it.

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
For me I am quite new to bike which makes me hard to recognize if the bike suits me or not. And there is not many second hand bike that is near and also my parents won’t drive which makes me harder to go to other place to buy bike

vickster

Legendary Member
For me I am quite new to bike which makes me hard to recognize if the bike suits me or not. And there is not many second hand bike that is near and also my parents won’t drive which makes me harder to go to other place to buy bike

Whereabouts are you? If parents won’t drive, you could take public transport. If reliant on your parents, how old are you? Are you likely to grow any more (also you quote your height in a range, perhaps get a more accurate measurement?) if you’re still growing, factor that into your choice

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
I don't really think I will grow any more, I am now 17 already. I am in Winchester in uk. But I don't think nearby have bike which suits me and public transport is quite expensive to be honest.

Top Bottom