Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
What size inside leg are you, and how tall are you.

For instance I'm a 32 inside leg and a 5ft10

I ride a 55cm / 22" frame.

Others might ride a 2cm 1" smaller frame.

I am around 5ft5 and how do you measure your inside leg : )

Jameshow

Veteran
Bottom of floor to inside of crotch.

Jameshow

Veteran
I think you want a 20" 50cm frame.

Most frames these days give you plenty of adjustment in saddle height handle bar height. Changing a stem is as easy as making a cuppa tea these days too.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Is disc brake better than wire break?

These days most new road bikes are disc brake. At the bottom end though it's usually budget components. I'm biased and prefer rim brake, particularly at your sort of budget. However, at the £500 end any disc brakes are likely to be cable-operated ones anyway.

My suggestion: go test ride a few and get a feel of them.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A suggestion @AresTo - are there any independent bike shops near you? It's worth going in, not just to see what they have new but also as a trade-in.

Try Halfords as they're doing refurbished bikes now as well. Also Decathlon. You never know what might appear unless you ask ...

A local bike shop should be able to size you properly, work out what they have and also what would suit. It's also the start of a relationship with them for servicing, learning, etc.

Also useful are local clubs' Facebook pages with a 'welcome' and 'looking for' message. Most club members tend to look after their bikes, so second-hand wouldn't be too bad. There are probably local Facebook selling groups as well for cycling; again worth a try.

Finally, given your height, have a look at women's as well as men's bikes. The geometry of a women's bike might suit you better.

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular

Last edited:
Top Bottom