Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It maybe a silly question but how do I know if the bike suits me or not?

You need to sit on it and preferably ride it, and ask the shop for advice on whether it looks the right size, see how it feels. Have you not had a bike before?
If it's too big, you may never be comfortable, at the least you may need to spend money on new parts like a shorter handlebar stem.
If it doesn't feel right don't buy, especially if the shop is trying to sell you the last one they have in store ;)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
another option is the adult isla bikes , again you are looking at double your budget .

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans have the Pinnacle Laterite range, the 3 is decently specced for the current £600 (it was never a £900 bike, typical Mike Ashley Company sales tactic)
https://www.evanscycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/pinnacle#dcp=1&dppp=120&OrderBy=price_asc&Filter=none

According to their guide, at 5'4 you're between XS and S, so need to try. Generally, you would go smaller if in between but need to see how feels

Portsmouth seems to have a decent range of shops, Evans, Decathlon, perhaps take a day trip on the train :smile:
Again, phone before travelling to check store stocks

tom73

Guru
I know that there is a giant shop that I can take train to which I can try for bikes

Why not contact them and explain what you're after and see what they say and have in stock. They may have some thing on offer or on sale not listed on line. Ask when the best time to call in is then go and visit them and try a few bike out. They will know what size and bike will fit you. I dont own a Giant bike but have used a few of the shops and always found them to be helpful.

presta

Guru
I prefer for a road bike to be honest

The reason I ask is that if you're not riding at racing speeds you might find a racing bike is a bit too highly geared, and quite possibly too aggressive a riding position for leisure cycling as well.

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
Evans have the Pinnacle Laterite range, the 3 is decently specced for the current £600 (it was never a £900 bike, typical Mike Ashley Company sales tactic)
https://www.evanscycles.com/bikes/road-bikes/pinnacle#dcp=1&dppp=120&OrderBy=price_asc&Filter=none

According to their guide, at 5'4 you're between XS and S, so need to try. Generally, you would go smaller if in between but need to see how feels

Portsmouth seems to have a decent range of shops, Evans, Decathlon, perhaps take a day trip on the train :smile:
Again, phone before travelling to check store stocks

yea I may find a day and tried to go there and have a try

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
The reason I ask is that if you're not riding at racing speeds you might find a racing bike is a bit too highly geared, and quite possibly too aggressive a riding position for leisure cycling as well.

I think it is fine for me as I quite enjoy the feeling of speed

Top Bottom