Bike24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone in UK used Bike24 for parts? All ok? Friend is trying to get a chainring currently unavailable from UK sellers at a sensible price
thanks 👍

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Used them a couple of times, been fine for me.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Have used Bike24 many times over the years.

Always been excellent. Reliable, accurate stock information. Keep you informed if there's a problem; hardly any problems across countless orders, though - the only one I can remember was very minor and resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner. And they are happy to communicate (very competently I should add) in English - they do this automatically if they have to contact a UK customer about their order.

Maybe not lightning-fast in getting things shipped, but not to the extent that it ever concerns me.

Never had to do a return, so can't advise on that aspect.

Other German retailers I also use and have been happy with:
Bike-Discount
Bike-Components
Rose Bikes

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Used them for the first time this week.
Ordered a Tubus Cosmo rack for £102 including postage.
Cheaper than everywhere else I looked.
Still waiting for it to be delivered though which feels like it's taking forever. :sad:

D

Deleted member 23692

Bike24 is owned by Wiggle and have been excellent on the numerous times I've used them.

D

Deleted member 23692

They didn't keep em long. Most odd, considering Brexit happened.

Bike 24 are still excellent and often cheaper than the UK prices inc delivery.

Used them for the first time this week.
Ordered a Tubus Cosmo rack for £102 including postage.
Cheaper than everywhere else I looked.
Still waiting for it to be delivered though which feels like it's taking forever. :sad:
Was the price clearly quoted in sterling before you bought?
It isn't with some.
Use Rose quite often.
Good source of sensible bits the likes of which wiggle/chain reaction think beneath them, good prices (tho nowhere near as good as of old due to sterling fade), excellent delivery.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Use Rose quite often.
Good source of sensible bits the likes of which wiggle/chain reaction think beneath them, good prices (tho nowhere near as good as of old due to sterling fade), excellent delivery.
+ 1
Yes, totally agree, & again there's that question of availability: why some products seem to be deemed not suitable, or simply not carried for the UK market?

Even to the extent of versatile, sensible bikes - such as my Corratec Trekking:smile: This British based review, for instance, decribes this well: 'We’ve never been big fans of of shopping-style bikes with racks, hub gears and stems aimed at the moon, but the Corratec pulled us into this world as it looked a bit different.'

...& yet ends up with a highly positive outcome: https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/folding-bikes/corratec-29er-one-review/

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Was the price clearly quoted in sterling before you bought?
It isn't with some.
Use Rose quite often.
The item she is looking at is priced in Euro (not looked for conversion to GBP)

Can you tell me about the currency situation with bike24 @avecReynolds531 ?
I ask as i know one german outfit (can't remember which) which allows you to tell it you are in the uk at the beginning of the process, shows a nice union jack, but still shows all prices in euros, even in your basket. Am wary of exchange rate shenanigans.

Top Bottom