Bike24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I always chose not to take this and am billed in Euro. The credit card exchange rate will be a fraction better, but as said above for the price of a few parts the difference is minimal.
+ 1
There are times we've bought from Bike24 & Bikester and when the euro price is later shown on the credit card receipt, it's sometimes quite a surprising difference, more than minimal I would say.
If you're buying panniers, wheels or a bike, it soons adds a decent saving.

Stock levels are always very clearly indicated and the range of stock is vast. By way of example, I was looking for a specific freewheel removal tool, they had half a dozen different ones available, and wiggle, obviously, had none and don't get me started on the tub glue
Thanks for highlighting the availability issue- this corroborates my experience:smile:

More generally, what to do about getting a broader range of bikes & components sold in the UK?

SJSC, Spa, Fresh Tripe, Velo Duo & Velo Vitality all sell different & lovely things: they seem to be the exception here compared to the major players.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Friend is put off by the very mixed reviews of Bikester on Trust pilot..any more experiences?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've been ordering big stuff like Cyclus tools ftom Germany this year. At the moment, it's not clear whether this will be viable in future. It may be cheaper to order from the USA if duty and VAT (plus the heavy Parcelforce admin fee) are levied on EU as well as rest-of-the-world purchases.

Top Bottom