Bikefit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Would you recommend the same techniques for dentistry work?

Out of interest, what would you do with the money you had saved by foregoing the bike fit?

Maybe physio.^_^

sreten

Hi,

Saddle height in the one thing you can set very nearly correct for yourself on any
bike *. FWIW that bike doesn't look like it fits the rider, it looks too small, AFAICT.

The rest of the fit depends on conditioning and bike type as much as anything else.

rgds, sreten.

* legs lock out on the heel, or a bit higher on the instep, don't on the ball of foot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wayne Tully

Wayne Tully

Maybe physio.^_^

The guy who did it was a physio and looked into the way my body was built and how it operates before I got on the bike.

I see a lot of people who will gladly spend £150 on a few carbon bits that will knock a few grams off the bike where as I have decided to spend the money on something that will improve my riding and my long term health, seemed like a no brainer to me.

D

Deleted member 26715

Can I ask what else was changed, from what a novice can see it was obvious your seat was too low, I also take my bike with me when I go to work over in the US, which means I take off my seat, handle bars once I have done that will all the setting be wrong again? I keep wanting to do this & for those of you concerned about my finances the reason I haven't is I can't afford it.

Alan...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can I ask what else was changed, from what a novice can see it was obvious your seat was too low, I also take my bike with me when I go to work over in the US, which means I take off my seat, handle bars once I have done that will all the setting be wrong again? I keep wanting to do this & for those of you concerned about my finances the reason I haven't is I can't afford it.

Alan...
stick some tape around the seat tube to mark your preferred seat height or mark it with some tippex etc , the same goes for the handle bar angle on the stem which is about the only thing that will change up front unless you suddenly change your stem or move spacers about.

D

Deleted member 26715

@cyberknight, thank you for those thoughts, the seat I had thought about, but you've made me think about the handlebars, if I mark them where the clamp goes over it will go back in the same place. I'm getting shoulder & neck pain/ache so I've not got something quite right.

Alan...

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I often think about mentioning to other cyclists I see with their saddles too low or too high, but I decide they'll just tell me to sod off. If it were me, I might take some friendly advice, but you never know..

U

User6179

I often think about mentioning to other cyclists I see with their saddles too low or too high, but I decide they'll just tell me to sod off. If it were me, I might take some friendly advice, but you never know..

Sod off:smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
The guy who did it was a physio and looked into the way my body was built and how it operates before I got on the bike.

I see a lot of people who will gladly spend £150 on a few carbon bits that will knock a few grams off the bike where as I have decided to spend the money on something that will improve my riding and my long term health, seemed like a no brainer to me.

I think you may have read my reply wrong, I am a big supporter of professional bike fits and have been shouting about how good they are on hear for a long time.

screenman

Legendary Member
Do you ride on the hoods a lot, often the brake levers are set to far around the bars by the factory. This can cause a tightening of the shoulder area, try this, arms out in front palms facing each other, now angle your finger tips downwards and feel the tightening in your shoulders. This what happens when you are trying to ride on hoods that are set too low.

I know some people are more flexible than others and may get away with it, but for most they will feel a benefit straight away.

Top Bottom