BikeHut Travelling Track Bike Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qwiksilver

who needs a helmet
I have a track pump at home and a cheapo mini pump but in a few weeks i will be riding the liverpool to chester charity ride, now me and my missus will both be doing it, I have a road bike she is using a MTB and altho my cheapo pump will work on both i figure for psi on the roadie (my cheapo can manage 60 psi on the MTB's) something like this will be easier and more useful to use on go as it where.

Has anyone ever used or do you have one of these?

How do you rate it ?

Will this mount behind one of my bottle cages?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_700560_langId_-1_categoryId_165661

any advice would be much appreciated

Qwik

APK

Not sure about the halfrauds one, but I paid similar price for http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/TurboMorphG last week from Evans (seems to have gone up since ) also has agauge which is useful, and will pump up to 160psi (apparently) I have used up to 125psi and it is quick and easy to use, very well made.

It is quite bulky, and the bracket supplied fits to your bottle holder, but instead of a bottle.

If you can get the Halfrauds one with other gear, and get it in their 3 for 2 offer, it could be worthwhile.

I have one of the Halfords model and have used it a few times with no problems. I got it for £19.99 when they had a sale on. It pumps to about 110psi then it starts to get harder to pump. Maybe I need to eat more shredded wheat. I prefer the style to the hand pumps that you have to hold onto the valves.

OP
OP
qwiksilver

qwiksilver

who needs a helmet
Thanks for info APK a gauge would be handy i will take a look at that one, Well we are getting a few bits so with a couple of bike bags i think it works out the pump will only cost about £10 but i have 2 bottle cages and would like to keep those both on so would the pump bracket fit behind the bottle cages Fokker ?

OP
OP
qwiksilver

qwiksilver

who needs a helmet
thx Fokker guess i will have to find a different one that i can mount under one of my cages, i wouldnt usually use halfords but with the 3 for 2 offer its worth the discount.

APK

The Topeak one also comes with zip tie type attachments for frame fitment, but won't fit on my crosstube, so use a bottle mount.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have one but I got it for £20 a couple of years ago. I was intendingto buy a Topeak MiniMorph but it was out of stock. The designs are very similar.

I've inflated a few tyres out on the road with it and found it very easy to use compared to the old Blackburn Airstik that I had before. I don't use the kind of high pressures that some of the people here do. I'm quite happy to pump my tyres to about 85-90 psi after a puncture and top them up a little when I get home. The Halfords pump was great for that.

I don't know about mounting - I always carry a Camelbak bag with food, tools, phone etc. in. I carry the pump in that.

albion

Guru
My Turbo Morph must be 10 years old now, though I now only use it indoors.What I am finding is that when locking it to the Presta valve for some reason it fails to allow air flow.With a lot of retying it eventually does allow air flow.I can't quite figure out a solution but it does 'get by'.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use the topeak road morph , it fits road + mtb valves and has a gauge .

For commuting it goes in the pannier bag and then for the weekend i use the frame mount.

Got my tyres up to 90 + psi is under a minute , well worth the money .

http://www.probikeki...cycle-pump.html

102903.jpg

Top Bottom