Bikepacking Bike recommendations /

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shropshire65LW

the first thing i want is the ability to fasten more to than you average bike ...as what ive got is more than capable id just like to
be able to attach more ....braze-ons galore, as quoted by Surly ..
I even happy with frame only and build myself

my top choice at the moment is a Surly Bridge Club ..... they do say 27.5 wheels , Id maybe prefer a 29er but not the end of the world
no rush this will be a winter Build ready hopefully for life back to normal 2021 spring

thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member

rualexander

Legendary Member
Yep, Sonder Frontier is a good starting point.
I bought one a couple of years ago and have done a few bikepacking trips with it.
I have mine with the 27.5+ wheel/tyre option, but it can also be used with 29ers.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
On One Bootzipper, lots of braze ons and a rigid steel frame & fork. The video is worth a watch.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOBZ29SX/on-one-bootzipper-29er-sram-sx-mountain-bike

OP
OP
Shropshire65LW

Shropshire65LW

Yep, Sonder Frontier is a good starting point.
I bought one a couple of years ago and have done a few bikepacking trips with it.
I have mine with the 27.5+ wheel/tyre option, but it can also be used with 29ers.
nice bike the Zonder but i wanted Steel . so i think i need to stick with the original foundation on my build ..
i also really wanted front suspension shocks with isnt recommended with any of these
but ill give steel a try and then if the ridged fork doesnt work go against the grain
and fit suspension see what i think . rather than reviewers . .
i have the ON-ONE now in first place the Surly now second due to price

OP
OP
Shropshire65LW

Shropshire65LW

thank you , i do like that , im at a crossroads , with front shocks or not tho i see they have a different model with front shox . so make take a look at these 👍
nice bike the Zonder and the ON ONE i wanted Steel . so i think i need to stick with the original foundation on my build ..
i also really wanted front suspension shocks with isnt recommended with any of these
but ill give steel a try and then if the ridged fork doesnt work go against the grain
and fit suspension see what i think . rather than what reviewers say and the Manufacture . .
i have the ON-ONE now in first place the Surly now second due to price

chriswoody

Legendary Member
The Kona Sutra LTD is also a great bike, steel framed, ton of clearance for tires and festooned with mounts for cages and bags.

I've been in Slovenia bike packing with mine as well as more local tours. It's a great long distance machine. They sell the frameset as well as the complete bike.

OP
OP
Shropshire65LW

Shropshire65LW

The Kona Sutra LTD is also a great bike, steel framed, ton of clearance for tires and festooned with mounts for cages and bags.

I've been in Slovenia bike packing with mine as well as more local tours. It's a great long distance machine. They sell the frameset as well as the complete bike.
i loved Kona spent most of the 90s on a fire mountain . loved it . nothing is jumping out to be with kona at present the geometry just isnt suiting me . thanks for the reply tho

Top Bottom