Bikes and Parts Window Shopping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
Sometimes when I'm out in the works van, and need to waste a bit of time, a trip to the local bike shop to "have a look at the new bikes" :whistle:

Bryony

Veteran
Yep I love looking at bikes and bike bits and I'm always popping in my local LBS to have a browse!

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep often, online and in shops. Been doing lots of research since starting to the build. Not sure what I'll do once it's done, well I guess I could ride the bike :whistle:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Had a nice window shop yesterday at my LBS, and a decent chat with the chaps too. No money spent, but did open up my next summer bike options a little:smile:

wait4me

Veteran
I am happy with my bikes (only 2, a hybrid and a road) but whenever I get on the lap top I can't resist a browse through ebay and some bike web sites. If we are in a strange town my wife even points out a bike shop if I miss it. That can work out more expensive than the web. eg Evans in Leeds cost me about £200 for a few bits of clothing and HWMBO even encouraged me to buy them. But she won't hear of another bike---I get the "you can only ride 1 at a time"

Crankarm

Guru
If you didn't put the time in doing "research" you could end up with a BSO, or either components or accessories that are naff that you paid too much for that you didn't need anyway.

Berties

Fast and careful!
trolling the internet for bike stuff is one thing,but going into a new independent bike shop on your travels is great fun,100s of things you never knew you wanted,get to try on kit etc,or can give you ideas for the future to troll the web again!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I like to drool over bikes that i can't afford,and also look at cycle clothing that i can afford but haven't the space to put the stuff,or the time to wear it.:dry:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I tend to upgrade rather than buy new bikes, so as stuff wears out it gets replaced, and apart from the road bike which is c2w and therefore boring, every bike in the garage is Trigger's broom. Sad though it sounds I know pretty well where to go to get any bike part at best price, with a mental list of where to check for recent bargains just in case. By trawling classifieds I have a reasonable idea of how much to expect for the stuff I have to sell, so I have a pretty good idea of what an upgrade will cost before I start saving. Obsessed? Moi?

Top Bottom