bikes are a hygiene risk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
No but they can leave them in the door way instead of forcing a path round shops that are just not big enough for them.

lane

Veteran
Nice to be given a reason - not allowed to bring my bike in thd house no reason provided.

winjim

Smash the cistern
To be fair though, I don't think it's reasonable to take a bike into a shop. Pushchairs may be an equivalent nuisance but you can't realistically expect a mother to chain her baby and pushchair up outside, but you can a bike
People with kids in pushchairs spend shedsloads of money in supermarkets. They're not going to be turned away, although I did once work in a cafe in York which had a pushchair ban. I think my boss just didn't like the clutter.

My local Sainsbury's was built a few years ago with a smart row of Sheffield stands outside. They get used as trolley return points.

D

Deleted member 26715

No but they can leave them in the door way instead of forcing a path round shops that are just not big enough for them.
What about my dog, by your reckoning can I take her into the shop

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think it's perfectly reasonable for shops to ban bikes if they feel that they would obstruct other shoppers, but "hygiene" is a bit of a stretch. There's probably a lot more dog poo on the wheels of kids' buggies than there is on the wheels of bikes.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A wee bit of dirt and germs never did nobody no harm

cough, splutter...

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Certainly if my personal experience is anything to go by, the germs on the hands of a number of males would be far worse than my bike's tyres. So many times have I heard a flush and then seen an individual leave a cubicle and then straight out of the door without even a nod to the washing facilities.

Do you need to wash your hands after a line of coke then?

Top Bottom