Bikes on its way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've bought & had parts arrive from China quicker than parts ordered at the same time from the UK! How they make money on some of the postal rates is beyond me.
The Chinese govt subsidises the postage.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Please try to keep up at the back, he's sending one he already owns to Bulgaria via Hungary so he can then ride it back
Honestly. Is everyone on here thicker than thick:laugh:

I sent my bike from Denmark to a bike shop in Burgas , Bulgaria. The Transcontinental Race starts in Burgas on the 27thJuly and ends in Brest. France. I would then fly back to Denmark with my bike from France.

Although the box was clearly marked Bulgaria. They have sent it to Hungary by mistake. It was not meant to go anywhere near Hungary. They are now trying to work out how to get it from Hungary to Bulgaria. Its not as simple as it seems. Just to complicate matters all my gear for the TCR is in the box with the bike.

Im not concerned as I still have 11 days before the start.

I decided to send it by road because my first flight only takes hand luggage.

Last edited:
Well my bikes on its way to Hungary for the start of the Transcontinental Race.

Unfortunately the start is in Bulgaria. But that does not appear to matter to the shipping company.

I thought I had made it clear enough.

View attachment 475700
If I were cycling to Brest, France, I wouldn't start from Hungary.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

I sent my bike from Denmark to a bike shop in Burgas , Bulgaria. The Transcontinental Race starts in Burgas on the 27thJuly and ends in Brest. France. I would then fly back to Denmark with my bike from France.

Although the box was clearly marked Bulgaria. They have sent it to Hungary by mistake. It was not meant to go anywhere near Hungary. They are now trying to work out how to get it from Hungary to Bulgaria. Its not as simple as it seems. Just to complicate matters all my gear for the TCR is in the box with the bike.

Anyway, I really hope your luck improves !

toffee

Guru

Can't you just change your flight to Hungary and cycle to Bulgaria for the start.

You could just treat it as a sort of warm up^_^^_^^_^

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
That is some ride how long will it take you?
I have no idea. About 3 weeks as its my Brompton.

My main concern is getting the bike back. Another problem is that I finish work at lunchtime on Friday and the shipping is being organised through work.

Top Bottom