Bikes on its way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
How much have you spent so far to not get your Brompton to the start in Bulgaria?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Honestly. Is everyone on here thicker than thick:laugh:

I sent my bike from Denmark to a bike shop in Burgas , Bulgaria. The Transcontinental Race starts in Burgas on the 27thJuly and ends in Brest. France. I would then fly back to Denmark with my bike from France.

Although the box was clearly marked Bulgaria. They have sent it to Hungary by mistake. It was not meant to go anywhere near Hungary. They are now trying to work out how to get it from Hungary to Bulgaria. Its not as simple as it seems. Just to complicate matters all my gear for the TCR is in the box with the bike.

Im not concerned as I still have 11 days before the start.

I decided to send it by road because my first flight only takes hand luggage.

I have no idea. About 3 weeks as its my Brompton.

My main concern is getting the bike back. Another problem is that I finish work at lunchtime on Friday and the shipping is being organised through work.

I thought a Brommie was hand luggage.......

Really, the level of planning.....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I thought a Brommie was hand luggage.......

Really, the level of planning.....:rolleyes:
The only flight from my local airport was hand luggage only because of a quick change in Copenhagen. Shipping the bike and all my gear was not a problem. I found a bike shop in Burgas who were happy to look after my gear.

avsd

Guru
Good news now all you need is a tail wind

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By coincidence so are my trainers from the USA. I've just received this message.

Dear N/A,

Your item++++++++ has successfully cleared customs and is now entering the Royal Mail network for delivery.

Regards,
Royal Mail

Automated message, please do not reply.
In reply to my own post i'd like to announce that my trainers arrived yesterday. I received this email after delivery.

Dropped off:

17-Jul 15:22 BST

Courier: USPS

Tracking number

USPS(United States Postal Service) makes me think of Lance Armstrong all those years ago.:whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom