Bikes on Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I doubt hammond playing the indignant angry cyclist was accidental.

True or not that is becoming the image, just checkout the commuting forum.

levad

Veteran
Very good to watch. The thing to remember is that this was a one off race. The bike will always be the most consistent, just think of extra traffic outside holidays, in the rain etc. and of industrial action or security alerts etc. on public transport.

levad said:
Very good to watch. The thing to remember is that this was a one off race. The bike will always be the most consistent, just think of extra traffic outside holidays, in the rain etc. and of industrial action or security alerts etc. on public transport.

punctures....

ChrisKH

Guru
I had to admit to shouting at the screen "...no don't go that way, go that way!".

A lot of what he rode was my old commute. I suspect he would have been even faster had he a few west-east regular road commuters to pace him. No different from a Sat-Nav surely.

dazzawazza

Bigtallfatbloke said:
.....it would have been better if clakson had been on the bike.

Clarkson would have died. Did you see how out of breath he was after running from the jetty to the airport check-in?
I didn't hear many bad comments about cyclists this time. Perhaps Clarkson has changed his attitude?

Membrane said:
Not really a good promo for cycling though, hamster was swearing every other second at busses, being cut up, traffic lights, pollution, making a sarcastic comment to pedestrians etc. He didn't look comfortable at all, never mind enjoying it. It doesn't have to be like that. A proficient cyclist would have just got on with it, without the panting and still would have won it easy.

Err, have you ever cycled in London? Even the Dalai Lama would be swearing after a few miles.

I know I'm a hand-wringing bleeding heart liberal but did anyone else think that Clarkeson's comment about The Stig dressing as a Brazilian Electrician before he went on London Public Transport a tad insensitive, even for him.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
only because the timing is bad re: the investigation results just coming out

otherwise no, i don't think there is anything you can't joke about

Membrane

Disgruntled Goat said:
Err, have you ever cycled in London?

I'm in Dublin Ireland, stories from those that have recently cycled in both Dublin and London suggest that on the whole Dublin is at least as bad, if not worse.

Even the Dalai Lama would be swearing after a few miles.

It is perfectly possible to avoid the all too typical cyclist rage, although sadly not many seem to achieve it. This is such a pity, when you manage to avoid the anger, cycling doesn't just make logical sense, it becomes enjoyable.

LLB

John Ponting said:
Every week after Tg hat is full of people saying that it is setup & contrived just for TV.

Why is it different this week?

Oh yes, because it looked as though a BIKE won.

Who would switch TV on to watch Mr Grey? Is Cowell really that arrogant or might he have a routine that helps him earn a good living?

TG is contrived, as a m/cycle would have won by miles, heck even a Dominos pizza delivery moped would have had a very good margin over all the others in that race........

monnet

Guru
Maybe it is contrived and maybe a moped/ motorbike would have won but I think there is a small victory for us in the fact that a motor show 'contrived' for a bike to win. I think that is something that should be celebrated.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
have they been knobbled by the green lobby? last week the trip to africa to prove the futility of owning a 4x4 that's driven exclusively on tarmac; this week that the car is the worst way to get around london. maybe next week they'll be testing the latest in horse-drawn vehicles.

yenrod

It was sheer sheer class that bit of TV last night !

What the talk of a motorbike for - there wasnt one on the race !

The look on clarksons face upon learning that Hammond had already turned up was out of this world !...

Though the fact that they made out the car won was even more eggoncardriversface time !

Still, gem - gem moment !

You could have pricked me with a nail and I still wouldnt of moved - I was soo high on that moment ! ! !

Top Bottom