Biking Apps with Ahead/Behind Goal display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peregrino

Hello. I am new to this site. If I am posting in the wrong place please let me know.

I am looking for recommendations on an iOS app. I am training my son with Down syndrome to bike his recumbent (Catrike).
He can go fast but tends to go six mils an hour. I'd like to get his exercise effort up to a higher speed.
I am thinking an app that could have a preset distance and time goal that shows green if he is at or above goal and red
if he is below goal.

Are there any apps out there that do something like this?

Hello. I am new to this site. If I am posting in the wrong place please let me know.

I am looking for recommendations on an iOS app. I am training my son with Down syndrome to bike his recumbent (Catrike).
He can go fast but tends to go six mils an hour. I'd like to get his exercise effort up to a higher speed.
I am thinking an app that could have a preset distance and time goal that shows green if he is at or above goal and red
if he is below goal.

But does your son really want to ride faster?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Are you riding with him? Maybe have targets like "if we get to xyz in time we'll be able to get an ice cream or have a look at the book shop or whatever". I don't think I'd respond to red and green lights on an app. Not if there's something interesting to look at over the hedge.

C R

Guru

if he is below goal.

I'm not aware of any app that works like that specifically. You may be able to do something with heart rate zones. Garmin has configurable zone limits, and each zone has a different colour, so you may be able to play with the settings to get what you want. Using heart rate also means that you are directly targeting effort, which seems to be what you want to do.

HTH

Top Bottom