Biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Is there a reason you're riding a mile? When did you last ride 3.5? What is the terrain like where you're riding?

OP
OP
ILcylcling98

ILcylcling98

Not really just thought it Was good starting point I rode 3.5 like at least 3 weeks ago and it is on roads that are paved mainly except one is all rock when I ride 3.5 miles mostly flat one minor hill

T.M.H.N.E.T

If I had to start all over again, I'd be riding slower and extending that to 5mi - whilst riding it more often until it gets too comfortable.

In order to improve you must progressively stress the body to force adaptation. You'll never do that substantially riding 1mi

T.M.H.N.E.T

You'd need to define fast. But going straight into 1mile "fast" with no warm-up is a quick way to strain things that shouldn't be strained.

OP
OP
ILcylcling98

ILcylcling98

Ride a mile more often? Or ride firther

T.M.H.N.E.T

[QUOTE 2472777, member: 30090"]f***ing hell, sorry but all this analysis.

ILC98, ride your bike how many miles you feel like doing - there is no 'number' of miles that you should be aiming to do.

As you get fitter cycle more.[/quote]
farking hell! It's common deceny to find out these things before offering advice.

T.M.H.N.E.T

[QUOTE 2472783, member: 30090"]Granted, but over such a small distance, hence just ride your bike and increase the milage as you get fitter, There is no finite answer.[/quote]
Is that not what I said after finding it strange that 1mile is the usual length of ride?

You know, after I got a little bit of background info that nobody ever posts....

Top Bottom