Biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have timed my ride at about 7min. 16sec. I also have to turn around 6 times which slows me down

Just guessing here, but does your 1-mile ride consist of going to the end of your street and back six times?

Seriously though, if you want some sensible help I think you need to explain why you limit your rides to 1-mile (or 3.5-miles) unless there is some underlying issue.

VamP

Banned
What everyone is trying to tell you is that 1 mile (or 3.5 for that matter) is an incredibly short distance to go for a bike ride. Probably more importantly, focus on the time you spend riding, rather than the distance. Aim to ride for 30 minutes as a minimum, but longer is better. I pretty much never have any rides shorter than an hour.

If you're finding 1 mile tough then I suspect you have major bike fit issues. Maybe a picture of your bike and your basic dimensions would help?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There was a picture in one of her first posts in the Bike and Accessories section. I'd say her saddle is probably too low on seeing it again and knowing a bit more about the situation. Can we see more detailed pictures of your bike please? There might be something wrong with it.

Anyway, all I can say is that 1 mile is exceptionally short. I would just go out and cycle round your local area, explore places, forget about distance and just ride, your fitness will improve as you go along (quite literally).

Of course, I don't know your circumstances, but I'd say you could cycle for much longer.

Ningishzidda

Riding a bike 1 mile along a flat road through calm air is about as energetic as walking down a drag strip in the same weather.

IMHO, we're being victims of a 'wind up'.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
She hasn't been back yet anyway.

Top Bottom