Billy Bulls**t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Wigsie said:
Mr Pig I think you have just made every parent of teenage girls overly paranoid! Thank god I have 2 boys!

I I'll have two boys and a girl in their teens at the same time! ;0) What can you do? You just try to bring them up as well as you can and let them get on with it.

I think it's a shame that people expect girls to behave themselves yet boys can go out and do what they like.

It's funny how things come around. One of my mates was terrible, he would sh** anything, any time! He now has a daughter in her teens and it's funny to think of how he would react if she met someone like him! If you know what I mean.

I think most of us can be guilty of exaggerating stories etc, if not making up total lies. I remember one very embarrassing incident at primary school. The film Star Wars was just out, all the guys were going to see it a raving about it. I hadn't seen it, basically because my dad was dead and we didn't have a lot of money. Not wanting to feel left out one day, I told my mate Robbie that I had seen it. Conversation moved on and I thought no more of it. About a week later we were in my house and Robbie said something about me having been to Star Wars and my mum said 'He hasn't seen it'. I could've died! :0( Robbie was really good about, said 'Oh, I must've gotten mixed up', but my mum was quite upset because she realised why I'd done it. She took me to see it shortly afterwards.

It was a lesson. Trust takes years to build up and not long to loose. I hated knowing that one of my mates thought I was a liar, quite rightly.

ChrisKH

Guru
Mr Pig said:
It was a lesson. Trust takes years to build up and not long to loose. I hated knowing that one of my mates thought I was a liar, quite rightly.

We've all told an outrageous Porky in our time and regretted it, I'm sure.

Mr. Pig definitely has. B)

Lisa21

Mooching.............
ChrisKH said:
Well one of the girls was called Lisa, lived down Grafton Road and went on to become an international high-class prostitute.................

Wasnt me Guv....................................B):biggrin::biggrin:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I worked with a bloke who's CV said he had been to university in Oxford. When you asked him about it, turned out he had done an OU course and been to Oxford for one of the residential weekends.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I used to work with a real Walter Mitty. The number of times he stumbled across 16 year-old girls sunbathing naked while he was out searching for butterflies never ceased to amaze me. One time he asked if he could have his Russian gymnast girlfriend stay at our house as her husband was a gangster and had threatened to cut her up for being unfaithful and he needed to get her into hiding. He also had a knackered ankle. It really was in a bad way but he told everyone he'd got it from bad landings in his days in the Paras. Then we were at an orthopaedic convention and he was overheard asking one of the surgeons if an operation would cure this thing "that I was born with"!

GentleBenn

Veteran
Whilst backpacking through NZ in 2000, me and the missus were in the campsite kitchen cooking out tea, we started talking to a guy, he seemed ok, after about half an hour he came out with " yeah I dont work much now because I invented peanut butter" !!

What !
Apparently he did it in the 70's when his parents were out one night.

We left quite quickly because I thought he was probably a nutter too !

yello

I don't think I've ever met such a character... or maybe I'm just gullible!!

The biggest bullshitter I know is my brother. It has been the source of some embarrassment.

speccy1

I work with a bloke who hasn`t ridden a bike in 10 years (but did used to be good...granted:becool:). He went out on his mountain bike one afternoon and did 60 miles off-road and it was "effortless" alledgedly........hmmmm:wacko::biggrin::wacko::biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mr_cellophane said:
I worked with a bloke who's CV said he had been to university in Oxford. When you asked him about it, turned out he had done an OU course and been to Oxford for one of the residential weekends.
There is a very great deal of that going on. I used to interview people applying for jobs at an Architect's office (mainly because the boss was pissed all the time) and they'd show me their drawings. 'Why did you do that?' I'd say, picking up on some detail......

sw3008

Guru
A guy I work with got a lot of milage out of the fact that he wrote the base line to "the first picture of you" by the Lotus Eaters when he was a session musician.

He regailed us about how he still gets royalties & is good mates with Pete Coyle.

It was all going well until I went to a family party & my wife's cousin had invited Pete to do the disco (he was a mate from school years apparently).

I was chatting to him & mentioned the guy from work & told him the story.

Pete was very polite & said "I'm afraid I can't remember him, though it was a long time ago" & "I don't think he was involved in the writing whoever he is".

I got lots of joy watcing the guys face the next week when I told hime who I was talking too. He's not mentioned it since.

He's still full of "it" though.

Andy Pandy

Used to work in the Home Office and we funded a small drugs prevention charity to run a "rock school" for local kids. The old guy who ran it would entertain the kids with stories about his rock star past. In particular, he would tell them he lived of the royalties of David Bowie's Space Oddity. He said he wrote the bass line (Dummm - Ground control to Major Tom..... - Dummm). Thought what a load of bol**cks. Found out later he bloody did do it. Herbie Flowers, top bloke.

U

User169

Uncle Mort said:
When I worked in the Netherlands, the company I worked for recruited a couple of (real) Oxford grads and paid them on the basis that the had Master of Arts degrees (master's degrees conferring a higher salary). When they finally discovered that they hadn't actually studied for them, and that Oxford give every honours graduate a master's for a small fee a few years after graduating as BAs they made them pay all the money back :ohmy:

I seem to remember that divorcees and those convicted of a criminal offence aren't eligible (for the Cantab version at least) - and the small fee can be no fee.

Top Bottom