Billy no mates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Out on a training ride tonight with three others, we are practising for a 25 mile 4 up TT, We had a guy come past us, no problem we are all 50+ years old, little bit further into the ride we reeled him in, we where in a chaingang, we went past him, he tried to jump on my wheel not realising there where others behind me. i have no problem with people jumping on my wheel, but this guy never had a clue about the right thing to do. the three others behind me all shouting at him to stay left, would have thought when someone goes past you, you look over your shoulder to see if it's all clear before jumping on a wheel. There is always one.:wacko:
Rant over.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was bowling along, minding my own business, when a roadie shot past me.

None of my many mates are cyclists, so I thought I'd have a few words with this guy and maybe ride with him for a few miles.

Just as I eased in behind him I got bellowed at by two other riders.

Fair enough, I should have done a shoulder check, but why do the close, stealth pass?

Calling out 'on your right' or even 'good morning' wouldn't hurt.

I suppose they were worried using their voices would waste watts.

And another thing, what's a group of middle aged blokes doing in a pace line anyway?

Talk about the oldest swingers in town.

Rant over.

mustang1

Guru
Some guy was drafting me. Fair enough I thought, shortly you can let me draft you. When the time came for me to draft, he shot off! Bloody freeloader. I find drafters to be those type who never buy a round. I intensely dislike drafters.

Usually around about now someone on the forum will pipe in with a "well how do you know he didn't just finish a 200km ride and needs a little break from the wind". I dont give a crap. How do you know I wasn't on a 30km ride and am also tired? Who told the other guy to go on a 200km ride? And how do you know he's not just a freeloader who wont buy you a round?

My rant is over too!

I was out riding the other day, when a chaingang of four ‘Captain Castellis’ passed me in the other direction.

I waved and called out hello but they totally blanked me, just looking at my upright riding position and loose fitting top with disdain.

I suspect they were practicing for the TOC Chrono, but I just wish they’d f**k off to the track - where they belong.

I bet they didn’t even stop at a pub and, if they had, would have ordered pina coladas instead of four foaming pints of Scrudling’s Old Flatulence like real men. And I bet they talk with cockney accents.

Rant over!

:whistle:

Graham

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
And another thing, what's a group of middle aged blokes doing in a pace line anyway?

My club runs chain gangs 2 nights a week usually 2 groups a very fast one and a fast one, both well populated with middle age blokes, I did chain gangs when I was younger but they are not my thing nowadays, I always regarded them as training for the racing lads, now everybody joins in, if they enjoy it why not, but for me there are better ways to get the miles in.

I take it has a compliment on the very few occasions someone has tagged on the back.
I must be doing a no bad pace for an old bird.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was out riding the other day, when a chaingang of four ‘Captain Castellis’ passed me in the other direction.

I waved and called out hello but they totally blanked me, just looking at my upright riding position and loose fitting top with disdain.

I suspect they were practicing for the TOC Chrono, but I just wish they’d f**k off to the track - where they belong.

I bet they didn’t even stop at a pub and, if they had, would have ordered pina coladas instead of four foaming pints of Scrudling’s Old Flatulence like real men. And I bet they talk with cockney accents.

Rant over!

:whistle:

Graham

This really does deserve a
252002518.png

:okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom