Birds and Bells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Just wondering has anybody got any idea of what will wake up and or scare off birds [the feathered kind] ?
Ok I live out in the sticks a bit but the number of seemingly suicidal kamikaze birds is getting ridiculous. You can't really dodge the things as they whizz from hedgerow to hedgerow and hitting a large-ish bird seems as though it could be really bad news. I've hit a few on the m/cycle but that's wearing leathers and body armour [still hurts though]. Bit of a longshot I know but any ideas [other than a shot of sake and a banzai scream]?

Train one of these to sit on your glove! :smile:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaXwFQAMpnRtWV6ejOKSo1rfGjKY5G5Q_PPpxrvlcgglzOrC0q.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Sparrows, chaffinches and even blackbirds are one thing, but I had a red kite swoop in attempting to land in front of me on a fast downhill section of bridleway.
They're impressive creatures when you see them in flight, but I hadn't realized just how big they are until that moment. Fortunately I managed to avoid it although I'm still not entirely sure how...

pauldavid

Veteran
I was hoping for a thread about a team of naked female bell ringers when I read the title!

What a bloody disappointment.

andyfraser

Über Member
I hit a large bumble bee at 70 mph back when I used to ride motorbikes. It felt like someone had punched me in the face and I couldn't see for exploded bee. That only happened once thankfully.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Tie a pussy cat to your hel ....... sounds wrong .
Put a cat on your head .

Top Bottom