"Birds on bikes" ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
People power - they have taken it down!!!
It just called the "forty miler" now then :laugh:

Must be still working on the Facebook page. :rolleyes:

Well yes, but reading the blurb it rather sounds as if the shortest ride is aimed at women because they are obviously the slowest and the most overweight. Not from the cover picture on the web page! Someone explain to me why only women are beginners but men somehow skip that stage and become know-it-alls after riding one sportive.
For my own safety I am not going to show dr_pink this.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
ave,bici,ilustracion,pajaro,tintado,bike-82f7ec604d3084e48b0c61d87c84b2ef_h.jpg

They won't get very far with a flat front tyre.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
owl mending bike 2.jpg

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
[QUOTE 2936732, member: 9609"]Presumably they have taken what ever it was down that was offensive - so any clues for those that missed it ?[/quote]
i think because they refered to women as 'birds', am i odd because i didn't take any offence ? better than being called tarts with wheels !!

OP
OP
BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham

Mask is gone!
[QUOTE 2936732, member: 9609"]Presumably they have taken what ever it was down that was offensive - so any clues for those that missed it ?[/quote]
Here's a flavour taken from their Facebook page.

ee63cc432b52bee536ee35c0b788f1aa_zps4d413712.jpg

i think because they refered to women as 'birds', am i odd because i didn't take any offence ? better than being called tarts with wheels !!
It is obviously very subjective, it offends some and not others, but this is to miss the point that people like Brian are completely blind to, it isn't done intentionally or maliciously, but a big chunk of the male population view women as the weaker sex. I have some bad news for you guys that think this way, women are mentally tougher, can survive harsh climates better and can ultimately keep going for longer than men, fact. Oh, and they listen.

Top Bottom