Bit of good driving for a change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Thought i'd report a bit of good driving, i was cycling past Buncefield oil terminal earlier and i could hear an petrol tanker approaching behind me. I had about 500 yards or so to go before i came to a roundabout and thought the tanker might overtake, but i was chipping along at about 22mph and he just sat on my tail until we hit the roundabout. A quick glance round and a cheery wave from me and i got a blast or 2 from his air horn;) So thanks mr. tanker driver, not everyone on the road is an ar$ehole

jay

Tynan

Veteran
I find the standard of driving better than ever before

but it does make the inconsiderate and dangerous driving all the more noticeable and objectionable

Jezston

Über Member
Drivers of big lorries seem to be the most considerate drivers from my experience. Regularly had good 'communication' with them - a lot travel the stretch of the A52 that makes the larger part of my route, which has a lot of pinch points - they always hang back happilly when it's not totally safe to overtake (even though they could overtake), and I always move out of the way for them when I can. Friendly toots are regularly exchanged :smile:

I expect this is a lot to do with lorry drivers having a lot more riding on being well behaved than the average driver - they have a lot more to lose if they get in trouble than just a few points or a small fine, so they behave themselves. I wonder what what life would be like if the average motorist had a lot more to lose from bad driving ...

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
That whole road is no overtaking and the tankee is BP so am not surprised in the least.

Good to see though.

Like that'll stop someone who wants to pass :ohmy:

Good to hear. i got a friendly wave for letting a Morrison's tanker out...I only did it so i could slip stream him home :laugh: (and because I'm a lovely person)

Top Bottom