Bit of plastic behind the cassette?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
Ah, the infamous dork disc. It generates nearly as much noise as a helmet debate. Not bad for 50grams of plastic.

I have one on my MTB, it came with it and I won't be removing the cassette to take it off. MTB cassettes get filled up with gunge anyway and shifting can be unreliable. I haven't seen any MTB wheel at the end of its life without evidence of a chain dumping. I don't bother with the roady, I keep it clean and well adjusted and hope for the best. If it had come with one, no doubt it would still be on it. I have better things to do on my bike than worry about what I look like on it, or what other people think. I'll look up the road, not in reflections in shop windows. ;-)

If Schleck's chain can come off (was his bike not adjusted properly?) and the lack of a chain guard cost him a stage, then I won't be taking my dork disc/pie plate off the MTB.

Gixxerman

Guru
I have better things to do on my bike than worry about what I look like on it, or what other people think. I'll look up the road, not in reflections in shop windows. ;-)
Hear Hear! The voice of reason speaks.

Just get fed up of the bike snobs.
Not so much snobs as immature in the same bracket as those who refer to the "granny ring" and no doubt
a selection of other such comments (bells possibly).
If they're worried about being laughed at then they shouldn't wear anything that wasn't purchased from
JD Sports street wear selection :tongue:

colinr

I believe the OP asked what it's for and if it's needed, not for a lecture on fashion.
We got to nine pages of arguing about this last time, give or take the occasional drift off topic.

Top Bottom