Bkool: anomalies in Ranking data (mainly Smart Pro)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RJKflyer

Regular
Hello All,

New to this forum, but catalysed to join as it looks like a good place for a Bkool Sim user.

Noticed some very odd ranking data (see screenshot)
Odd Bkool data.png

So, I'm No.4, but puzzled that:

No. 1 put out a lower W/kg, but managed 33% quicker, so his Km/h should be ca. 48 therefore
No.3 put out an even lower W/kg, but is still materially quicker than me
No. 2 looks 'right'

In terms of my own experiences:
  1. The KICKR is with a very small margin of my power meter
  2. TrainerRoad reports pretty much identical W/kg to Bkool Indoor
  3. Emulating actual rides on Bkool Indoor show them to be with a few minutes of the real one, and all sensibly comparable (i.e. a little faster due to no stops, traffic, and a slightly more 'competitive' ride).
Thoughts on the odd/buggy data from the Smart Pro...?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
There are riding techniques that can translate into strange results. There are a few discussions in the main thread about unusually high power numbers and speeds. I have rarely been able to benefit from these oddities :banghead:.

But I know of a few of my sessions where the times were significantly quicker than they would normally be. I just wish I knew what I was doing to get these improvements :whistle:

Also the bsim sw has just been improved where the kickr is concerned. You get downhill gravity assist now (blue speed numbers)

OP
OP
RJKflyer

RJKflyer

Regular
Yes have noticed the downhill assist.

Bit more curious though about the 'blue-ing' of speeds during acceleration - when I start a Bkool sim ride, it takes a serious age for my speed to go 'real' (i.e. from blue to white) from a standstill and all the bots/competitors race off into the distance. It is definitely not a correct simulation of a standing start - feels more like Routemaster bus acceleration than bike.

When the iOS version worked this effect wasn't there. Mind you neither was/is the gravity assist on iOS.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Sorry didn't notice you were on ios. There is a thread here for queries and suggestions. It gets looked at by bkool so I suggest you put your problems in there.

My issues with the trainer and software are really self inflicted, I weigh more than it can simulate.:mrpig:

OP
OP
RJKflyer

RJKflyer

Regular
Ride data above was done on MacOS version, not iOS (as iOS no longer works with KICKR - Bkool aware).

Top Bottom