Bkool FAQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Long time no see (chat) folks. Back in the Saddle again after a couple weeks of grueling weather (Snow, Rain, and Sneet) and ongoing home renovation projects for loved ones. Hope to soon see a regular schedule again and keep up with you all.
Wrong thread? :smile:

Stevers

With the latest BKOOL upgrade there is now a wind resistance 'feature'. In my virtual ride on Sunday I only experienced head and tail winds up to 10mph, but although the headwind slowed me in a credible manner, a tailwind also seemed to make things harder, and I ended the ride at least 2mph slower than my normal average speed on a rolling course of 20mph. Am I imagining this?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
With the latest BKOOL upgrade there is now a wind resistance 'feature'. In my virtual ride on Sunday I only experienced head and tail winds up to 10mph, but although the headwind slowed me in a credible manner, a tailwind also seemed to make things harder, and I ended the ride at least 2mph slower than my normal average speed on a rolling course of 20mph. Am I imagining this?
The wind simulation has been there for years. Think I have only used it once, and can’t remember how it felt. It is disabled by default, and I usually disable Real weather too, as I don’t like to ride in potentially dark and rainy weather, :smile:

Stevers

The wind simulation has been there for years. Think I have only used it once, and can’t remember how it felt. It is disabled by default, and I usually disable Real weather too, as I don’t like to ride in potentially dark and rainy weather, :smile:
Thanks for clearing that up. I joined two existing rides yesterday and only the second had wind resistance turned on, which was a first for me. It wouldn't be my choice, especially if it always feels like a headwind!

Last edited:

l34hcim

Hi i will give it a shot in this thread:

I have just bought a Bkool Smart bike. I am having issues changing gears in the Bkool software - Cycling/Fitness. What I have tried:

1. Bluetooth paired my Android smartphone.
2. ANT+ paired my Android Smartphone.
3. Bluetooth paired my Macbook Pro.
4. ANT+ paired my Macbook Pro.
5. Updated my bikes firmware with the Bkool Toolkit app for Android.
6. Contacted Bkool support. They were aware of the issue when connecting with Bluetooth. It should work with ANT+ - it doesn't.

Is there anyone out there, that has some good advice and maybe a solution that works?

Thnx in advance,
Michael

Top Bottom