Bkool FAQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

borchgrevink

I am stuck not being able to upgrade my Bkool Pro to FE-C. I have tried all the ricks that are listed on the forums, previous software which then updates and Bkool toolkits which won't find the trainer. I would appreciate help as sending the unit back to Bkool is not an option in the current circumstances.
Did you try from an iOS device, Android or other? Have seen some people not being able to update from iOS.

Perico88

Anyone know how to take a loop route and be able to do it multiple times?

borchgrevink

I am trying to help a friend with setting up his Bkool Pro. It just doesn't show up on any device other than Bkool simulator on a PC When using the Bkool Toolkit on iOS no trainer is found. Same with Zwift and BigRingVR. Any suggestions?

I seem to remember I used Bkool simulator program to update and enable FE-C back when I upgraded the firmware. Is this not possible anymore?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I am trying to help a friend with setting up his Bkool Pro. It just doesn't show up on any device other than Bkool simulator on a PC When using the Bkool Toolkit on iOS no trainer is found. Same with Zwift and BigRingVR. Any suggestions?

I seem to remember I used Bkool simulator program to update and enable FE-C back when I upgraded the firmware. Is this not possible anymore?

The Pro must be running firmware 3.06 or later to support Bluetooth and hence connect to a smartphone/tablet. To use the Pro with anything else than BKOOL Indoor Simulator (BSIM) you have to activate FE-C. If never updated or activated, you have to use an old version 3.x of BSIM to activate FE-C.
Pros with firmware less than 3.06 can not be firmware updated nor activated for FE-C unfortunately.

Last edited:

borchgrevink

The Pro must be running firmware 3.06 or later to support Bluetooth and hence connect to a smartphone/tablet. To use the Pro with anything else than BKOOL Indoor Simulator (BSIM) you have to activate FE-C. If never updated or activated, you have to use an old version 3.x of BSIM to activate FE-C.
Pros with firmware less than 3.06 can not be firmware updated nor activated for FE-C unfortunately.
Any suggestions on where to get an old BSIM version? Thanks

PS Possible to upgrade firmware with an old BSIM?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Any suggestions on where to get an old BSIM version? Thanks

PS Possible to upgrade firmware with an old BSIM?

I think I might have an older 3.5x somewhere. I’ll have a look when at the computer tomorrow. Remember to say no, when it asks you to download a newer version of the simulator!

In the old version you can check current firmware version under About app. You should be able to enable FE-C on the pairing screen if I remember correctly.
I’m not sure about updating firmware. That depends if the firmware was part of the simulator or downloaded when doing the update. Maybe the download is still working too?

borchgrevink

I have sent you the link in a PM/conversation.
Thanks 👍

ianbarton

Veteran
Can't login using an Android phone.

If I use my Lenovo P2, which is ancient, I can login using the App. If I try using a Moto G8 Plus the app crashes while loading. I have tried using my Poco X3. I can fill in my email and password, but the Login button is completely unresponsive.

ic3d

Argh my Bkool (Go) output is 50 to 100 watt lower than compared to a powermeter. Support doesn't answer. I tried several things, among them lowering my weight. So I dropped it with 30kg in my profile. It made no change whatsoever. My output was 185watt according my Bkool Smart Go and 282watt according my powermeter. All of a sudden, I am Elite 10 in Bkool now, because of the weight lowering. The ride itself shows 185watt, just like the export files, Strava, etc. But on the Fitness level- and workouttab. It says I managed 462watts that same ride. I lowered it manually. But it makes no difference.

I have the feeling something is stuck in the trainer it self. Everything seems to work fine, except for the output. I have updated to the lastest version and such. Is there any way to (factory) reset the trainer?

ic3d

For some reason I became Elite 10 without noticing. Probably because my trainer was stuck when I was at my top (it does that every now and then). I am no Elite10. I used to be Elite 1. For some reason the trainer 'thinks' I am Elite 10. I changed my FTP manually and all of a sudden I am able to average 280 watts again, instead of 180. At least, when climbing, haven't tried flat or descending yet. At least it is something.

Smthers

Über Member
Did a quick search, but couldn't find anything, so....

I'm using Bkool Simulator running on Windows 10. The simulator says that pressing S on your keyboard saves a screenshot - but where are they saved?

Many thanks.

Rod McG

Über Member
Did a quick search, but couldn't find anything, so....

I'm using Bkool Simulator running on Windows 10. The simulator says that pressing S on your keyboard saves a screenshot - but where are they saved?

Many thanks.
I think that S doesn't work. You can print the screen to the clipboard and there are ways to save this to a file. There are ways to automate the process but these are not provide by BKOOL

Smthers

Über Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom