Tags:
  1. LBHIFI

LBHIFI Über Member

Sorry, not really a constructive post from me. Just wanted to say that it's nice to hear from you again.

2. Jim Brown

Jim Brown go on then.. just one more...

My old cycle route went up through cowling, on to Laneshaw Bridge and back over the tops to Haworth.

When I’m down doing the Yorkshire Sportive, I’m going to do it for old times sake... can’t wait.. :wahhey:

PS.. I also agree with Lars..

Randyberlin and LBHIFI like this.
  3. Lottiegirl

Lottiegirl New Member

I'm fairly new to using Bkool and have a friend who also has one. Is there anyway we can both ride the same ride but apply a handicap so that we can ride it at the same speed/together rather than me being dropped (he is better than me by a long way!)

Thks.

4. bridgy

bridgy Guru

The only thing I can think of is to ride a mostly uphill route and have your friend increase his weight or you reduce your weight enough to even out your speeds (might be a bit hit and miss to get the weight correct). Would only potentially work on uphill routes where rider weight becomes a major issue for your speed.

If you want a race/challenge - as opposed to just riding along together - you could compare personal times on a particular route and ride that with your friend setting off at the appropriate amount of time after you, and see if he can catch you by the end. This is essentially what we do as a group in our "Handicap Races" which we organise in the Team Bkool Cyclechat thread.

5. Lottiegirl

Lottiegirl New Member

Ah - setting off at different times would work, I'd need to make sure there was no slacking then!

bridgy likes this.
  6. bridgy

bridgy Guru

If you want to try similar with more people than just your friend feel free to join the Handicap Races we organise on Team Bkool Cyclechat thread - just post on there if you're interested and we'll explain how to join in etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice