Bkool FAQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Hey Geoff:
If you can explain how you export the Virb Editor video and GPX to the bkool editor, that would be great. Here's what I sent to Bkool as of 12/16/2016. I have recently begun making videos of routes where I live, near Boone NC in the Appalachian Mts. using a Garmin Virb Elite video camera. One of my videos is on the Bkool site now. It is called Big Flatts Church Rd. Fleetwood, NC. Ride it if you like. Anyway, my question is this. The Bkool video editor, in my opinion is terrible, mainly because the documentation doesn't fully explain how to do anything. For example, a message says "there are zero speed segments in the gps track. You must crop them before continuing." But, it doesn't tell you how to do this. Anyway, here is my question.... Is it possible to export an MP4 file of a video route, to Bkool, created on a Garmin Virb Elite Edit program? And have this file validated, approved, and published on the Bkool site? If this is possible, it would be wonderful. Please let me know it this is possible and anything about the procedure. Thanks a lot. --- Jason

It's a few years since I did this and I'm afraid I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I do remember that bkool would complain the video was too big, so I had to lower the resolution in virb editor to make it small enough to be accepted by bkool! Pretty sure it was just a case of saving with lower resolution and/or quality.

jenmacdougall

Updated the initial FAQ post a little (Drafting and Missed league stages) ... thanks to anyone who made suggestions

Recent updates are coloured blue to make them easier to find if you don't want to re-read the entire post!

Bkool FAQ
Your Bkool FAQ is so helpful! It has saved me from throwing the trainer out the window several times!

stephen eposes

Hi
Bkool says you can use your points for avatar clothes - there's no facility to do this. When I contacted Bool they said they can't change avatar. I'm a bit confused.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Hi
Bkool says you can use your points for avatar clothes - there's no facility to do this. When I contacted Bool they said they can't change avatar. I'm a bit confused.
In the old bsim software you could 'purchase', with the credits gained from the completion of sessions, different jersey and shorts for your cycling avatar. That facility in the current bsim, is broken. It has been raised to bkool before and may be fixed later.

Bblevins

Hey Geoff:
If you can explain how you export the Virb Editor video and GPX to the bkool editor, that would be great. Here's what I sent to Bkool as of 12/16/2016. I have recently begun making videos of routes where I live, near Boone NC in the Appalachian Mts. using a Garmin Virb Elite video camera. One of my videos is on the Bkool site now. It is called Big Flatts Church Rd. Fleetwood, NC. Ride it if you like. Anyway, my question is this. The Bkool video editor, in my opinion is terrible, mainly because the documentation doesn't fully explain how to do anything. For example, a message says "there are zero speed segments in the gps track. You must crop them before continuing." But, it doesn't tell you how to do this. Anyway, here is my question.... Is it possible to export an MP4 file of a video route, to Bkool, created on a Garmin Virb Elite Edit program? And have this file validated, approved, and published on the Bkool site? If this is possible, it would be wonderful. Please let me know it this is possible and anything about the procedure. Thanks a lot. --- Jason
Ha Jason,
Recently did a couple of your rides. You seem to have solved most of the problems. Great job, I need some help. May try to contact you at some point. By the way, I'm not far out of Mountain City.
Good Job. Bobby

HarryT

Regular
Hi Guys

I have just reactivated Premium in order to train for an Alpine trip in May (long climbs) and using the same set-up as last year (USB Ant+ with extension cable) my Pro now only links by bluetooth so does work, but will not find either of my HRMs nor cadence sensor.

I updated the firmware about a month ago, so wonder if this has anything to do with it...? Or have I inadvertently turned off Ant+ somehow....

Any advice would be most welcome please.

Many thanks

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hi Guys

I have just reactivated Premium in order to train for an Alpine trip in May (long climbs) and using the same set-up as last year (USB Ant+ with extension cable) my Pro now only links by bluetooth so does work, but will not find either of my HRMs nor cadence sensor.

I updated the firmware about a month ago, so wonder if this has anything to do with it...? Or have I inadvertently turned off Ant+ somehow....

Any advice would be most welcome please.

Many thanks

Try turning off BT and see what happens. I wouldn't also turn off and restart the pro

Rastamorp

Hey,

Can anyone tell me why the FTP value is adjusted after the average wattage you get in workout that's longer than 30 min? To me it doesn't make sense, since you will be spending many minutes in the lover zones. Ex.: my FTP is 310 and I just did a threshold workout with 24 minutes i zone4 and about 30 minutes in zone 1. I followed the zones but now my FTP is down to around 220?

Rastamorp

Did bkool give you an FTP 310 ? What trainer was this FTP done with?
I did an 20 min FTP test on the bkool and the result was an FTP og 310... A few days after I did a threshold session based on this and my new FTP was calculated to around 220 on the basis of the average watt in the session... which doesn't make sense to me - the averge wattege makes sense, but as mentiones above this is calculated on a lot of riding in zone one!?

CXRAndy

Guru
Do a ride up Alp D Huez. It should take about an hour, but you can stop after 30 mins if you wish and save the ride. This will give you a good indication of your FTP.

I don't know why your FTP was lowered after a 20 mins test, another bkool bug.

The Rover

Guru
Evening, I'm getting back into using bkool following a third shoulder op but I'm getting a message saying " your device isnt powerful enough" so only get a map view and not 3D or video?
I use an iPad 3 which had worked fine before and I've got 2.4gb available on it, I didn't have any issues until I updated it but I'm not sure that's the reason.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction before I have to contact bkool support.

Cheers Stuart.

Iridebikes

Hello,
Firstly, thanks so much for the information in this thread, I'm sure I'm going to need it!
I have just received my Bkool pro and am mainly going to be using it to rehab from this broken leg, but hopefully might get addicted and end up getting some proper sessions in.
I have some questions about set up which aren't too obvious to me and I'm probably more confused after searching the net.

I'll be using the app from my latest gen ipad and then mirroring it to my tv. Shame my Apple TV is in the wrong room, so I have to work out how to use my amazon fire tv or direct to tv.

It seems I can now use Bluetooth to link up the trainer and the app, is there any reason to use ant+ instead? I won't be using heart monitors or power meters.

I've got the Bluetooth linked up, I can't carry my bike to the trainer (broken leg), but when rolling the roller by hand, it changed the mph, so hopefully it's good. If not, do I really have to buy a wahoo ant+ dongle or can I just use the supplied Bkool dongle and get a lightning to usb2 adapter?

Linking up to the tv is being a bit of a pain. I can't move the Apple TV and now see that my Amazon fire tv doesn't do airplay. I wonder if anyone is using the Reflector2 app on amazon fire with any success on video and VR mirroring of the simulator? Reviews of it don't seem so great on video playback.

Perhaps my best option to save buying another Apple TV would be an ipad to HDMI cable which I'm happy to do, but what happens if I'm wrong about the Bluetooth working okay and have to use the lightning port on my iPad for a dongle? I won't then have a port to cable from ipad to tv.

Any simplified pointers from user experience would be massively appreciated.
Cheers.

Top Bottom