Bkool FAQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Thanks very much for this most informative FAQ! Must have taken lots of time and effort so I just wanted to let you know how much its appreciated. I have signed up on the Bkool site and I will order my Bkool Pro soon! One quick question. How do you have just your first name appear on your Bkool profile? Mine seems to insist on displaying my last name too.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Thanks very much for this most informative FAQ! Must have taken lots of time and effort so I just wanted to let you know how much its appreciated. I have signed up on the Bkool site and I will order my Bkool Pro soon! One quick question. How do you have just your first name appear on your Bkool profile? Mine seems to insist on displaying my last name too.
Have you set a nickname? I go by the same nickname on bkool as here.

Welcome to the lunacy that is Bkool on cyclechat. Check out the league links in the FAQ and post in the main thread to help get you application to those leagues approved. :thumbsup:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Thanks, obviously too excited to have read that far down the list of profile fields. Will also apply for the leagues. *Grinning like an excited child*

Last edited:

Daveyn

Thanks Geoff, I've just bought the bkool trainer and trying to get to grips with the simulator this weekend and this is the most thorough run down I've seen (Bkool's website isn't much help). So cheers!

I have a problem however and excuse me if I'm posting this on the wrong thread but I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere online. I've downloaded the simulator, paired the trainer, selected a course to ride but instead of the trainer adjusting to the gradient on the sim if just increases and decreases the resistance from really easy to really hard, really easy to really hard, constantly. I just tried the trainer without linking it to the sim, but with the power on and it's doing the same thing, which leads me to believe it's a hardware problem with the trainer. Has anyone else had any problems similar to this? It's really annoying and means I can't use the trainer!

Thanks very much, I hope someone can help!!

Dave.

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
It certainly sounds like a hardware fault! I don't remember anyone reporting similar on here, so it's hard to suggest what to do, apart from contact bkool support.

If you bought the trainer locally, or online, I'd be inclined to send it straight back and get another!

Geoff

TobiC

Regular
I've been using my Bkool pro for a year more or less and mostly use Zwift but dabble in and out of the Bkool Virtual world.
I did my first race in Zwift the other day and got flagged for high overall wattage. Last time I did an FTP test was on a watt bike at 380, I'm 87 kg but on this race, 3 time on the London 9.2 mile route, it took a little over an hour, recorded my average power at 399 watts and set my FTP at 457 based on my best 20 min effort within that hour. It doesn't sound right. Is it easy for us heavy, fairly powerful riders to overpower the bkool's resistance and spin out recording higher than actual power? I'm in contact with Bkool about it but if it's simply a case of W+P=>Bkool's inbuilt ability, there's not much they're going to be able to do I guess

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Evening all..

Can you help..?

Whilst my most recent session has elevated me from amateur 5 to Elite 1 :giggle: - and in the spirit of further improvement I checked in on my fitness level to see what I needed to do next... I was faced with this:

Your fitness level in Cycling isElite 1
  • Your last FTP value update was on 26/09/2016 18:34. You developed an average power of 233.23 W
To get to the next level, you need to do the following:
  • Take a FTP test developing an average power over 488.62 W
  • Complete an Indoor Cycling session of over 30 minutes developing an average power over 488.62 W
So I did 233 w to get to Elite 1 and to progress it wants me to do 488 w..!

Can this be correct? I couldn't produce that much power for 30 minutes if my life depended on it..

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

theboxers

Evening all..

Can you help..?

Whilst my most recent session has elevated me from amateur 5 to Elite 1 :giggle: - and in the spirit of further improvement I checked in on my fitness level to see what I needed to do next... I was faced with this:

Your fitness level in Cycling isElite 1
  • Your last FTP value update was on 26/09/2016 18:34. You developed an average power of 233.23 W
To get to the next level, you need to do the following:
  • Take a FTP test developing an average power over 488.62 W
  • Complete an Indoor Cycling session of over 30 minutes developing an average power over 488.62 W
So I did 233 w to get to Elite 1 and to progress it wants me to do 488 w..!

Can this be correct? I couldn't produce that much power for 30 minutes if my life depended on it..

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Was this improvement just after a Handicap Weight session?
I have had this happen twice, once I was promoted to Elite 5, the second time Elite 8. I need to produce 850+ watts to improve to Elite 9. I does not last long. Only until your next qualifying session, over 30 minutes, when you'll be downgraded to the rightish level.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
:training:
Was this improvement just after a Handicap Weight session?
I have had this happen twice, once I was promoted to Elite 5, the second time Elite 8. I need to produce 850+ watts to improve to Elite 9. I does not last long. Only until your next qualifying session, over 30 minutes, when you'll be downgraded to the rightish level.

Cheers Boxers..

Yeh, I did the veledrome/Madeleine session followed by the handicap Chapel Fell..

So that explains it.. back to ground with a bump next time.. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Your fitness level is based on Watts/Kg, so if you change your weight the Watts you need to produce for a given fitness level also changes.

Elite 1 is for 5.2 - 5.33 Watts/Kg, so if you got Elite 1 with 233.33 Watts you had your weight set to between 43.77 and 44.87 Kg at the time.

Elite 2 needs you to reach or exceed 5.33 Watts/Kg, so if you now need 488.62 Watts you must have put your weight back to 91.67 Kg.

It's a problem with the weight handicaps, you have to change your weight just before the race and change it back again straight afterwards, and not save any sessions longer than 30 minutes whilst at the handicap weight, and you need to restart the bsim app each time after changing your weight!

Cheers,

Geoff

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Morning (depending what time you're reading this).. can you help?

I'm attempting to set up a 'catch up to Whorty' training plan in Bkool. I go through all the set up, select what I wish to achieve, training days and period.. select calculate plan then create plan. All appears ok then when I attempt to review it or look for it in Calendar, I get this..

Your Plan
Sorry, it was not possible to create your plan using the selected parameters.

You can create another one now..

Tried half a dozen times now with no success.

Anyone advise please?

Cheers

theboxers

Morning (depending what time you're reading this).. can you help?

I'm attempting to set up a 'catch up to Whorty' training plan in Bkool. I go through all the set up, select what I wish to achieve, training days and period.. select calculate plan then create plan. All appears ok then when I attempt to review it or look for it in Calendar, I get this..

Your Plan
Sorry, it was not possible to create your plan using the selected parameters.

You can create another one now..

Tried half a dozen times now with no success.

Anyone advise please?

Cheers
You have probably done this but here is how I have done it.

Sessions/Plans
Create : Enter the details requested
Define : Enter the details requested
Save
Target : Select your prefered target
Create : Enter start and end date, the days you will training and duration of the training sessions.
Then click Calculate at the bottom of the page.
You will be taken back to the same screen, almost. Under the date portion is a new button
Create Plan click this and you should get sent to a new page called Your Plan.

Hope this makes sense.

Top Bottom