Bkool FAQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
Thought so, the starts on the KICKR are comical at the moment!

Take a look at the start of this recording of a bkool ride, poor JLaw is trying to get going on his KICKR, and keep up with the rest of his team in a Team Handicap Chase...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/au5u6i0jxmo27h8/Bkool Indoor 26_04_16 19_59_52.mp4?dl=0

Could I ask if you have reported it to Bkool? The more people that report problems with a KICKR the more likely they are to do something about it.

Cheers,

Geoff
The best was the first handicap race where you made a video of my start. You see the avatar up sprinting, good watts, but yet going so slow you expect it to fall over.

For the one above, I consciously tried to stay under 400w so I didn't pop as soon as I caught my team.. So it's not as obvious that something is wonky.

RJKflyer

Regular
Yes Geoff, reported to Bkool last week.

griffith_500

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to Bkool as well. I'm currently on the trial subscription and have been using Zwift until now. There's quite a few things I like about Bkool, particularly the variety in courses.

Something that I have not been able to figure out however is to connect the sensors in the way I would like. On Zwift I'm using my Tacx Neo as Controllable Trainer and my Stages Power Meter for power and cadence.

I can't seem to replicate this setup in Bkool. I can choose the Neo as Smart Trainer and I can also connect the Stages but power and cadence is always taken from the Neo. Any ideas if this is possible at all?

Many thanks!
griffith

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Something that I have not been able to figure out however is to connect the sensors in the way I would like. On Zwift I'm using my Tacx Neo as Controllable Trainer and my Stages Power Meter for power and cadence.

I can't seem to replicate this setup in Bkool. I can choose the Neo as Smart Trainer and I can also connect the Stages but power and cadence is always taken from the Neo. Any ideas if this is possible at all?

I'm pretty sure that this is not possible. As far as I know, if Bkool is paired with a smart trainer you can't use a power meter at the same time.

Have you tried manual pairing? You should be able to pick an ANT+ cadence sensor, so if your power meter gives ANT+ cadence you should be able to at least select that, as the cadence would be much more accurate than if taken from the trainer.

If you select the power meter, then you will likely lose the smart trainer pairing and that would reduce functionality, so I would stick with the trainer and hopefully cadence from your stages.

Woth a smart trainer, the power readings are only really for info, so you could just pick up the stages power on something like a garmin, and compare it with the bkool estimated power.

Geoff

griffith_500

Thanks Geoff. I can indeed pair the power meter via ANT+ but then I lose the Smart Trainer functionality. It annoys me because it makes comparing efforts more difficult; the Neo reads about 10% less Watts than the Stages..

Question about the Bkool video editor. I have a recorded ride from Friday which I want to upload. It was recorded on my Go Pro 4 Silver which doesn't have GPS. The ride was longer than the available memory in the Go Pro and as such the ride stops after around 27K instead of 36K. I've managed to reduce the size of the video file to a level acceptable to Bkool but I now have the problem with the GPS data. The ride as recorded on Strava is the longer distance. I can convert it to gpx file but Bkool's editor chucks up a message saying that it's considerably longer than the video. I can plan the route on Strava or Ride with GPS and convert those to gpx files, but obviously there is nothing time and date related so the video editor won't recognise that the route and the video are linked. Am I stuffed? Would I be better putting this down to experience and junking the idea of posting this on Bkool? If I try and use their map editor it can follow the route but will not allow me to route along the same road having routed along it once. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Question about the Bkool video editor. I have a recorded ride from Friday which I want to upload. It was recorded on my Go Pro 4 Silver which doesn't have GPS. The ride was longer than the available memory in the Go Pro and as such the ride stops after around 27K instead of 36K. I've managed to reduce the size of the video file to a level acceptable to Bkool but I now have the problem with the GPS data. The ride as recorded on Strava is the longer distance. I can convert it to gpx file but Bkool's editor chucks up a message saying that it's considerably longer than the video. I can plan the route on Strava or Ride with GPS and convert those to gpx files, but obviously there is nothing time and date related so the video editor won't recognise that the route and the video are linked. Am I stuffed? Would I be better putting this down to experience and junking the idea of posting this on Bkool? If I try and use their map editor it can follow the route but will not allow me to route along the same road having routed along it once. Any suggestions would be welcome.
You're not stuffed. I had the same problem, and found a messy work-around. I can explain it, but it's better kept as a last resort. Let's start with something simple and hope it solves the problem ...

If you're willing to send me a copy of the gpx file and an indication of where you want it cutting (by ride distance, or time elapsed, or both for preference) I'll have a go at fixing it for you. All data should be retained.
PM me if interested.

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Question about the Bkool video editor.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I don't think the bkool can do this, last time I used it, it was a bit simplistic.

I used to fix things like this in the Garmin Virb editor, not sure if this will work if you don't have a Garmin Virb.

Often I would have a sequence of video clips taken at times through a longer ride, as the battery on the camera doesn't last as long as the battery on the Garmin Edge. I liked to have the complete GPS trace show on the edited video, so I would used the Virb Editor to replace the GPS trace from the Virb with the complete one from the Edge. Then I would sync them up and overlay the GPS trace, speed, heart rate, etc. and export it.

To upload to Bkool, I would remove all the overlays and export just the video and GPX and these would import to the bkool editor quite well.

Cheers,

Geoff

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Hi all - first post and a question for you..

I've been using a Bkool for six month with no issues however recently (this last week) it doesn't appear to be updating my dashboard with recent rides etc.. Is anyone else having or had this issue? If so, is there a fix please?

Thank you

Jim

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

I've been using a Bkool for six month with no issues however recently (this last week) it doesn't appear to be updating my dashboard with recent rides etc.. Is anyone else having or had this issue? If so, is there a fix please?

Thank you

Jim
You are not alone in this. I can see my recent sessions in the tracker at the top of the home page. However the I can not see my individual nor friends sessions. I and not found a fix. I It has been reported.

TobiC

Regular
The best was the first handicap race where you made a video of my start. You see the avatar up sprinting, good watts, but yet going so slow you expect it to fall over.

For the one above, I consciously tried to stay under 400w so I didn't pop as soon as I caught my team.. So it's not as obvious that something is wonky.

TobiC

Regular
Using the Bkool software I am wanting to set up a 1 player velodrome offline game and hot swap between a few friends each doing 10 laps a session or similar with everyone else waiting their turn to then compete over a number of reps. Anyone know how I can do this or how close to this I can get?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

Thank you

Jim
Just an update. I've had a reply about my non updating home page. It has been fixed by bkool :thumbsup:.

Send them a mail via the contact us page below explaining the lack of updates.

http://www.bkool.com/feedback/showContactForm

scott1505

Regular
Been a while since i have been on the trainer but fed up with the weather already so going to try and get some inddor miles in. I know the firmware has been updated on the bkool pro but can someone tell me what is the latest as mine still says 3.06 and is not updating? Thanks

Top Bottom