BKool Finding more routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod McG

Über Member
Hi,
Just got a Bkool Pro and it all seems to be working well. I do wonder though how to find other routes. If I search the sessions page of the BKool website I get a reasonable selection but they are all in Spain.
With an occasional exception the same goes for BKool Indoor, but here again the selection of routes is quite limited. Is there something else I should be doing, to get routes in the UK, or the Alps?
Thanks
Rod

RickB

professional procrastinator
Play around with the tick boxes for 3D and video as that cuts out alot of rides (especially the video box). The search function is very cumbersome - I've found myself going back to try and find rides which I'd found before and not been able to find them for ages!

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Is there something else I should be doing, to get routes in the UK, or the Alps?
Thanks
Rod
There is an option to select a route by using a map.
On the Sessions page, above the GPS, No GPS, Velodrome tabs, are two boxes - LIST and MAP. List is pre-selected and most people seem to use it exclusively.
If you click on Map, and then use the zoom feature and the mouse to move the map to the area you want, any rides starting in that area show up as blue teardrops. Clicking on one gives the details of the ride. Clicking on the right edge of the map gives a list of "local" rides.
The zooming of the map has a big effect on which rides show up [even if the map covers the right area, some rides only seem to show at certain levels of zoom], and the 3D and Video boxes still need to be used carefully.
As is often the case in BKool, it can be a bit slow to react to changes in settings so patience is needed.

OP
OP
Rod McG

Rod McG

Über Member
There is an option to select a route by using a map.
On the Sessions page, above the GPS, No GPS, Velodrome tabs, are two boxes - LIST and MAP. List is pre-selected and most people seem to use it exclusively.
If you click on Map, and then use the zoom feature and the mouse to move the map to the area you want, any rides starting in that area show up as blue teardrops. Clicking on one gives the details of the ride. Clicking on the right edge of the map gives a list of "local" rides.
The zooming of the map has a big effect on which rides show up [even if the map covers the right area, some rides only seem to show at certain levels of zoom], and the 3D and Video boxes still need to be used carefully.
As is often the case in BKool, it can be a bit slow to react to changes in settings so patience is needed.

Zooming seems to be the key although knowing where to zoom is a major issue. I'll keep trying!
Many thanks.

Zooming seems to be the key although knowing where to zoom is a major issue. I'll keep trying!
Many thanks.
If you zoom in on maps around Briancon/Bourg d'Oisans you will get 'The Alpe', Galibier, Telegraphe, Lauteret and Madeleine. Go a little south and there should a northerly ascent of the Izoard available, Go north towards Bourg St Maurice and the northerly ascent of the Cormet de Roseland should spring up. There are many rides named after stages of the Tour and Dauphine, have a look at them. Go to the Pyrenees and you can do the Aspin, Hautacam, and Port de Bales although I haven't found the Tourmalet always. Go into Italy and the Stelvio, Finestre, Giau and Gavia are all there.The interface is indeed cranky and slow and can border on the frustrating. Don't ignore the Spanish stuff either I debuted on the Alto de Dima, try that, Covadonga is there also, although mercifully I've not come across Angliru yet.

BuffaloYann

The search function doesn't function very well, it seems.
The returned results change from time to time even if I use the same search settings.
The number of routes just doesn't make sense most of the time.
Screenshot below: almost 470.000 sessions found in the souther Alsace (France) but no blue symbols to select one??
bkool.png

RMS1964

Hello. I will be completing the virtual LEJOG shortly and have really enjoyed the 'journey' aspect of the many legs that make up the ride. Does anyone know if there are any other similar long routes broken up into manageable legs in the simulator? I have tried a few ways to search but haven't come across a way to get the information - and I stumbled upon the LEJOG almost by accident. I have emailed Bkool to suggest a better way of promoting / visualising but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Cheers, Rob

OP
OP
Rod McG

Rod McG

Über Member
Hello. I will be completing the virtual LEJOG shortly and have really enjoyed the 'journey' aspect of the many legs that make up the ride. Does anyone know if there are any other similar long routes broken up into manageable legs in the simulator? I have tried a few ways to search but haven't come across a way to get the information - and I stumbled upon the LEJOG almost by accident. I have emailed Bkool to suggest a better way of promoting / visualising but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Cheers, Rob
That's a question I have thought of asking! Imagine if the NC500, or a route along the Pyrenees, were available in video segments. Not sure how to make searching for these easier. Good luck!

That's a question I have thought of asking! Imagine if the NC500, or a route along the Pyrenees, were available in video segments. Not sure how to make searching for these easier. Good luck!
I have been using the map tab and finding areas I've ridden in real life. I did figure out it does take a few minutes for the routes to pop up. I never made it to your part of Scotland but did get to enjoy a VR re ride in Sterling last week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200603-061304.png
    Screenshot_20200603-061304.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom