Bkool Initial Resistance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

action09

Regular
I use my Bkool pro to do trainingpeaks workouts using the Manual Workout Creator, these work fine however the initial resistance is too high - the app is requesting circa 150W (ERG mode) but the resistance is much higher and my crank based power meter is reading circa 250W, after 10-15mins the resistance of the trainer seems to fall in line and matches (roughly +/- 15W) that of the power meter. By the cool down of an hour session the resistance is almost the same ie the same 150W requested in the warmup is the much easier and matched my PM.

Anyone had similar experience or suggestions?

CXRAndy

Guru
I use my Bkool pro to do trainingpeaks workouts using the Manual Workout Creator, these work fine however the initial resistance is too high - the app is requesting circa 150W (ERG mode) but the resistance is much higher and my crank based power meter is reading circa 250W, after 10-15mins the resistance of the trainer seems to fall in line and matches (roughly +/- 15W) that of the power meter. By the cool down of an hour session the resistance is almost the same ie the same 150W requested in the warmup is the much easier and matched my PM.

Anyone had similar experience or suggestions?

Bkool is a quirky device, not having a true power meter and not exactly following open protocols. One method would be to unplug the trainer and re-power after you've log in to training peaks. aAnother if you can is set the training peaks to just use the bkool as a resistance unit and not a smart trainer.

OP
OP
A

action09

Regular
Sorry, I was maybe being misleading when I said Trainingpeaks - I have all my workouts in TP but export them to Bkool and manually create them, so I am performing the session using the Bkool app using a bkool workout.

CXRAndy

Guru
Its Bkool not importing the workout properly. Try using a different pc with a fresh install of BSim. I don't know if it will help, but the odd user has commented that it cleared odd power behaviour

OP
OP
A

action09

Regular
Thanks, I tried a few combinations last night using a Bkool created workout, an imported workout from TP and one I created using the building blocks all were the same. Even when I control the trainer direct from my Garmin 820 (using Trainingpeaks) it still has very high resistance initially. By then end of an hour tho its spot on.

I tried deleting the app from my MacBook to start a fresh but my details were all remembered when I did the new install so might need a deeper cleanse.

Top Bottom