Bkool Pro Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dukey_91

Hi all..another trainer noise related post zzzzz lol..

Decided to go for it today and purchased a Bkool Pro trainer, absolutely love it..very addictive..but the noise from it seemed quite loud at times, was surprised how loud it was to be honest at higher speeds. I'd done some extensive homework before buying regarding various resistance trainers and particularly their noise outputs as I live in a flat. Complex I live in isn't that modern but not that old, flats' haven't the paper thin walls etc you get now in new builds, thought noise from the trainer if a tad more extensive would be well contained and not intrusive.

Suffice to say my fears were confirmed when my neighbour below (Whom I tried to inform earlier upon using the trainer, out of politeness..) knocked on my door and reported loud vibration coming through her ceiling - apologies given but significantly gutted at the same time.

I have laminated floors, trainer is on a standard t/trainer mat with a old soft rug covering it, thought that would help but alas it appears nowhere near enough.

Any suggestions/advice to reduce noise/vibration or even any recommended alternative 'quieter' resistance trainers?? Lookin likely I'll have to get a refund at the moment :sad:

Cheers..

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
My trainer is in my shed/mancave which is on a raised floor. I'm using interlocking gym matting like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVA-GREY-...hash=item43e47a424e:m:mCOE481b35qj-2aNIMgtfkw

I have 32sqft, just enough to let my tacx genius sit on a double layer, and a double layer under my front wheel to bring the front wheel up. Definitely quieter doubled up and for £15 and happy neighbours it's a worthy experiment

OP
OP
Dukey_91

Dukey_91

Hmm been thinking along those lines, cheers for the link, perhaps a trainer tyre to boot may help my issue(s) too..i have a garage but no power supply :sad:

RickB

professional procrastinator
Just a thought, but wereabouts in the room are you set up? The closer to the side walls you are the less resonating there would be from the floor (possibly!)

OP
OP
Dukey_91

Dukey_91

Centre of a small 2nd bedroom..not much more space to play with to be honest..but will try setup nearer outer wall/window later and see how goes..further away from desktop tho..have a laptop at work that i could use if it's better in that area of the room..going to Argos or Halford's in a bit to get some rubber/foam mats..thankfully good old local cycling shop (Richardson's) where I got the Bkool from have been very understanding regards possible eventual full refund..given me till Monday at least to try to alleviate issues I'm experiencing..what fun lol..

Neilsmith

Hmm been thinking along those lines, cheers for the link, perhaps a trainer tyre to boot may help my issue(s) too..i have a garage but no power supply :sad:
The Tacx Bushido Smart doesn't a need power supply. But you would need wifi to connect to Bkool website

OP
OP
Dukey_91

Dukey_91

Yeah garage is a no no sadly..good for the Gixer tho ;) Was lookin at the Bushido's, correct me if I'm wrong but it appeared to me that only IOS related devices were the only compatible devices available to support/update the tacx software (??), use Android devices myself..

Last edited:

Neilsmith

Yeah garage is a no no sadly..good for the Gixer tho ;) Was lookin at the Bushido's, correct me if I'm wrong but it appeared to me that only IOS related devices were the only compatibles devices available to support/update the tacx software (??).
Yes you are correct you need to use the iOS app to update the firmware, I am no expert as I've just got the trainer but did read quite a bit before purchase

OP
OP
Dukey_91

Dukey_91

Well I've got the interlocking gym mats, stacked x3 under the trainer, definetly quieter, gave it the gun a bit more today and no knock at the door, gonna do the ftp test in a couple of days, we'll see then..fingers crossed..

OP
OP
Dukey_91

Dukey_91

Oh well Bkool trainer is being returned tomorrow, thankfully an understanding cycle shop will fully refund me, gutted to be honest really liked it, particularly for climb work, neighbours can hear it significantly at higher speeds :sad:

Leodis

Veteran
Just started with mine tonight, the decents it is silly loud. My wife recorded the sound tonight, sounded like the floorboards were caving in. Ordered mat but will stick some foam under that as well. Apart from that its a lot more smoother is transition than the Vortex and really good

Top Bottom