Bkool smart pro 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockwar

hello all,

Im new to cycling and have bought a bkool smart pro 2.
I have an issue with it that when the turbo trainer is plugged the green light does not turn on, although the turbo trainer does connect to my ipad, bkool app and zwift app.
Do any of you have had this problem before?

Thanks

CXRAndy

Guru
hello all,

Im new to cycling and have bought a bkool smart pro 2.
I have an issue with it that when the turbo trainer is plugged the green light does not turn on, although the turbo trainer does connect to my ipad, bkool app and zwift app.
Do any of you have had this problem before?

Thanks

Does the trainer vary with resistance up hills and downhills? If it does then it's more likely the LED connection is damaged.

OP
OP
Rockwar

Rockwar

Thanks for your reply
The resistance does Vary when connected to the bkool app. Doesnt with zwift though.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks for your reply
The resistance does Vary when connected to the bkool app. Doesnt with zwift though.
With Zwift, make sure your bkool pro is connected as both "power source" AND "controllable trainer" on the pairing screen when you start Zwift up. If only "power source" is selected it will work but the resistance won't change (Zwift will just adjust the speed for the gradient)

OP
OP
Rockwar

Rockwar

With Zwift, make sure your bkool pro is connected as both "power source" AND "controllable trainer" on the pairing screen when you start Zwift up. If only "power source" is selected it will work but the resistance won't change (Zwift will just adjust the speed for the gradient)
Thanks for your reply
Ok will check that out

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi Bridgy zwift connects with the power source and cadence but not with the controllable trainer
Thanks
Ah that'll explain it then - try clicking on the controllable trainer section and see if you can search for the trainer - sometimes works, although usually mine automatically connects to both. Only other suggestion is turning both trainer and Zwift on and off again! Does at least sound like your trainer is working despite the lack of green light - despite the problems connecting

OP
OP
Rockwar

Rockwar

Ah that'll explain it then - try clicking on the controllable trainer section and see if you can search for the trainer - sometimes works, although usually mine automatically connects to both. Only other suggestion is turning both trainer and Zwift on and off again! Does at least sound like your trainer is working despite the lack of green light - despite the problems connecting
Ok Bridgy will try that..... thanks for your time

CXRAndy

Guru
It will need to connect as a controlled trainer else it can't adjust resistance. Try and delete the Zwift settings, start again and get your laptop or tablet nearer the Bkool unit when searching for devices. Some of us use an extension usb lead to get the Ant+ dongle close to the trainer

OP
OP
Rockwar

Rockwar

It will need to connect as a controlled trainer else it can't adjust resistance. Try and delete the Zwift settings, start again and get your laptop or tablet nearer the Bkool unit when searching for devices. Some of us use an extension usb lead to get the Ant+ dongle close to the trainer
Thanks CXRAndy will try it out

Top Bottom