Bkool Turbo Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there im new to this smart trainer thing and not that good with tech stuff so any answers would help in simpleton talk lol.
So ive just got a Bkool smart trainer no instructions.
I have a samsung tablet and have rouvy cycling app on it. I like the rouvy thing.
Anyway ive plugged in my Bkool trainer got the rouvy app on and connected to the power scource on rouvy. All good so far i think. Ive chosen a route to do looks good again.
Now heres the issue. Im going along a flat rd on rouvy but im really struggling to turn the pedals in a 39/20 gear. (I race in TTs in a 54/15 gear easy in the real world) so why is this Bkool smart trainer making it so hard too turn the pedals around.
On the rouvy site i put in a 180ftp not that i know what my ftp is and also i put my weight in correctly. Its was so hard to pedal. I changed the ftp to 150 a few days later to try that. But no difference.
Can someone help? I dont have a Bkool App do i need one too set the turbo up? If so which App as there seems to be a few and are there any fees? I only want to ride on rouvy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi there im new to this smart trainer thing and not that good with tech stuff so any answers would help in simpleton talk lol.
I have a samsung tablet and have rouvy cycling app on it. I like the rouvy thing.
Anyway ive plugged in my Bkool trainer got the rouvy app on and connected to the power scource on rouvy. All good so far i think. Ive chosen a route to do looks good again.
Now heres the issue. Im going along a flat rd on rouvy but im really struggling to turn the pedals in a 39/20 gear. (I race in TTs in a 54/15 gear easy in the real world) so why is this Bkool smart trainer making it so hard too turn the pedals around.
On the rouvy site i put in a 180ftp not that i know what my ftp is and also i put my weight in correctly. Its was so hard to pedal. I changed the ftp to 150 a few days later to try that. But no difference.
Can someone help? I dont have a Bkool App do i need one too set the turbo up? If so which App as there seems to be a few and are there any fees? I only want to ride on rouvy
This might help - https://support.rouvy.com/s/article/The-Trainer-Resistance-Seems-To-Be-Wrong?language=en_US. Note, I don't think you can do a calibration on a Bkool trainer.

You could also try an alternative app such as RGT which has a free option - just to see if the trainer behaves differently on another app and narrow down whether the problem is the software or hardware. Bkool has it's own app as well which may have an initial free option, I'm not sure.

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Which BKOOL model did you get? The very old white "Classic", the old black "Pro", the yellow/black "Pro 2" or the black/yellow "Pro 3"? Colours refer to the roller/motor housing.

Cycling1964

Hello, You can get a free trial on Bkool. But sounds to me like it may be faulty unit.

https://auth.bkool.com/auth/realms/...Tz4WWDk2pqacpouNtxQtrhoA7vrXcUnO&kc_locale=en

Top Bottom