BKool with Garmin ant+?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
User error:whistle:

Roleur1

1st cat roadie back in the day
I dont know if this will add anything. I am a garmin 800 user and have connect and express on my pc. I have a bkool pro and use my giant tcr and my winter bike on the trainer. So....without removing either of the garmin programmes, I have the following ant+'ing when I use the bkool sim...

Bkool ant+ usb reciever stick plugged into my laptop usb, but on the end of a 2m usb extension lead with the ant+ stick taped onto the trainer frame so its about 25mm from the trainer flywheel casing. The my cadence and speed comes from either the TCR ridesense transmitter or the garmin speed/cadence transmitter on my winter bike. My HR comes from either a garmin HRM transmitter or a coospoo HRM transmitter. All of these are ant+ & the sim picks them all up on 'auto detect'
I run my garmin head unit alongside the bkool sim when I ride & the HR/speed/distance values are all pretty close to the ones in the sim. HR and cadence are actual measurements wheras the speed is bkools sim estimate. My laptop is connected to fibre internet via a powerline adapter into my garage then the final connection to my laptop is with a ethernet cable.
It all works just fine.

Jellybaby

Are you using a Mac? Always connects instantly on my pc but if I use the mac I always have to fiddle with the ant+ stick taking it in and out for a while before it will connect
If you have been using Zwift make sure it is all shut down before trying bkool

RJKflyer

Regular
FWIW, I am using:
  • BkoolIndoor 5.1.4f1
  • MacOS 10.11.3
  • Non-bluetooth LE 2010 MacBook Air
  • Wahoo KICKR
  • Wahoo speed/cadence sensor with dual ANT+/BTLE
  • Wahoo TICKR HR monitor with dual ANT+/BTLE
  • Garmin ANT+ USB2 stick (the long one with GARMIN on side, part 011-02209-00)

This all works via ANT+.

BUT as noted above it is essential that Garmin ANT Agent is NOT loaded, else it fails to connect. Aside that there are no other drivers installed.

meesey

Hi

I'm still trying to work this. I just use the BKOOL turbo trainer for zwift because of so often BKOOL simulator problems, but I would like to use the BKOOL trainer properly. Essentially, (use macbook pro, ANT+ mini USB) no detecting/pairing to my sensors :-(
I'm going to try to to remove the Garmin ANT Agent... but would you/some one be kind to let me know how to remove the Agent but equally how to re-establish so can get back to be able to use zwift again.

thanks

In case anyone comes across this in future, the answer from bkool is that they don't support the garmin ant+ USB stick, and insist that you uninstall all garmin express and connect software if installed in order to use the bkool software.

I'm using a Garmin ANT+ stick with my TacX and Bkool so I'm calling BS on this one. Haven't had a single connection issue. I don't recall the model but it's a tiny little bugger, I have a 6 foot extension cable that goes down to within 2 feet of my trainer

OP
OP
RussellZero

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
I'm using a Garmin ANT+ stick with my TacX and Bkool so I'm calling BS on this one.

It was over a year after I posted, so quite likely that the software's changed to support it now, glad to hear it works for you, I may give it a go this winter. Been happily Zwifting away recently instead!

hitmanovs

Hi All Went out today, I've a Gamin 500, mate has a Bryrton of some description.. Mileage recorded by both devices were believable, I did 4100ft ascent,he did 2600ft ascent, lazy git.... Admittedly, i went back down the hills twice for a third rider, but doubt it was that much ascent / descent.

hitmanovs

I'm fairly tech savvy but the level of complexity here, added to not being clear about what equipment i need to buy or how much it is, or whether it is compatible wigh what I've already got, is keeping me away from Zwift even though I'd like to give it a try. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

crocoyes4

I have a Forerunner 310xt. I use Garmin Express & since switching to Garmin Express to download my workouts, I haven't had any problems. Until today. My ATM is now saying "USB device not recognized" when I insert it into the USB port. I have done all of the following to try & fix this problem:
1. Uninstalled Garmin Express, reinstalled Garmin Express, restarted the computer (also, turned the computer off & took out the battery on another try) & same error came up;
2. Uninstalled Garmin Express, uninstalled all USB related processes, reinstalled Garmin Express, restarted and turned off the computer & same error message;
3. Made sure I had all of the latest Windows updates, restarted & turned off computer & same error message.

I'm afraid my ANT stick is damaged, but if not, is there anything else I can try to make it work?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I'm afraid my ANT stick is damaged, but if not, is there anything else I can try to make it work?

Try uninstalling the driver for the ANT-stick if possible. You have to do this in Device Manager and then unplug the stick. Reinsert it and it should search for a new driver on the internet.
But if not recognizing the stick, I’m not sure you can do that...

Try the stick in another USB port and/or computer.

You may as well order a new ANT+-stick. They are not that expensive, and having one in reserve never hurts.

Top Bottom