Bl**dy Cars.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Don't think that the tyres fitted to the car at the factory are automatically the best choice. It doesn't come into it, manufacturers fit whatever they get the best deal on. They get tyres really cheap as the tyre manufactures know that lots of drivers will just buy what is already on the car. But don't be a sheep, buy good tyres.

For example, my car came with Pirelli P6000 tyres, and they are really crap tyres! I've used Vredestein Sprortrac tyres for years now and they are superb. Goodyear and Continental are also good brands.

Night Train

Maker of Things
fossyant said:
Car nut here as well...sssshhhhhhh even on a car forum...shhhhhhh - but only occasionally these days.......
I'm on a four wheel drive forum too!

iGaz

Cough Cough!!! Another Petrol head here as well!!!

I'm a member of VZi Volkszone VW forum, Fiat Forum and the VW Fleet forum.

My current barge is a VW t4 2.5 TDi van, great for lugging bikes, sleeping in, moving lots of junk about!!! Its slammed (lowered) and running on Audi Sport line alloys!!

My last fun car was a 1967 short wheel base beachbuggy!! What a laugh to drive!:biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sssshhh keep quiet...

PS the Dunlops were very good.....(and only tyre available at the time....Nissan sewing it up - funny size) had two sets on over 6 years, so happy. The Barum's are a bit quieter, slightly fatter (oh yes), but can't test grip yet.............

Shhhhhhhh.....................

Can the car nuts have a sub forum...... I don't speed - love pootling about at the speed limit just to annoy the idiots....ho...ho..ho...PLEASE !

gavintc

Guru
postman said:
Cars,get a quote for a kitchen.Without blinking she said £x. My stomach went into my boots.

We had a kitchen rep call yesterday on our invitation.To measure up and talk details.We go see a computer image next week.

I might take a computer image of a cheque with me.:biggrin::ohmy:

We moved back into our flat having had it rented out for 3 yrs. My wife wanted to update the kitchen. I went along and had a quote for the job. I was horrified when we were quoted £16-20k for a bloomin kitchen - and that was only for 2 walls to be done. We haggled, but it would only mean cheaper bits and pieces. We are still with our old kitchen.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mr Pig said:
Yip. That'll be a P12 Primera driver! ;0)

Do you have a caravan? Bet you'd like one...

Ha..ha.... I got all the electronic gizmo's years before everyone else did....Sat Nav, integrated audio/climate etc....nah..nah...and I paid not much more than a small car's price new, buying it one year old...... :biggrin:

TBH the electronics are frightening........ just leave it - I just service the mechanicals.....

Caravan..... what's that....... my car has a boot spoiler... I got it... sourced it...proper Nissan Sport's thingy....... but discrete......oh..god we will get banned from 'ere... look......

Spoiler6.jpg

Oh I am so banned...................:ohmy:

Chrisz

Über Member
This thread will soon be locked and all traces expunged by the mods!!!

Admitting to LIKING cars on here (or even worse, enjoying driving them) is less acceptable than machine-gunning nuns (mind you, everyone knows you're actually better off using a pistol - less ammo wasted :biggrin:)

Feck it! Live life on the edge - I love my Jag, before that I had a Supra TT and before that a GT4 Turbo (complete with dump valve :ohmy:

Been nice knowing you - my account is now locked :sad: :smile: :smile:

yenrod

fossyant said:
Money pits....grrrr...... almost as bad as having a few bikes :becool:

£500 today....grrr....new rear pads and 4 tyres (and they were not the expensive tyres - that would have doubled the bill)...:thumbsup:

Well the tyres should last at least 8-10 years now based upon my annual mileage of 2500......... took out the extra insurance for £20 quide - makes bob all difference when spending that much..... (free replacement/repairs).

Expensive luxury eh..... and that's on top of £400 for an air con radiator last summer..... that said, the only problem I've had with it in the last 5 years was the A/C radiator....

Stick to a fleet of pedal bikes....:tongue:;)

You coudn't by any chance borrow me a fiver old boy :tongue:

Mr Pig

fossyant said:
Ha..ha.... I got all the electronic gizmo's years before everyone else did

Years before everyone else figured out how to make them reliable! ;0)

A spoiler? You rebel you ;0) Knew you were a speed demon underneath.

Top Bottom