Bl**dy Cars.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Money pits....grrrr...... almost as bad as having a few bikes :tongue:

£500 today....grrr....new rear pads and 4 tyres (and they were not the expensive tyres - that would have doubled the bill)...:tongue:

Well the tyres should last at least 8-10 years now based upon my annual mileage of 2500......... took out the extra insurance for £20 quide - makes bob all difference when spending that much..... (free replacement/repairs).

Expensive luxury eh..... and that's on top of £400 for an air con radiator last summer..... that said, the only problem I've had with it in the last 5 years was the A/C radiator....

Stick to a fleet of pedal bikes....:biggrin:;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
A KMX? :tongue:

snakehips

I am pleased to see that those schemes where you can rent a car for an hour or so at a time seem to spreading.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
Cars,get a quote for a kitchen.Without blinking she said £x. My stomach went into my boots.

We had a kitchen rep call yesterday on our invitation.To measure up and talk details.We go see a computer image next week.

I might take a computer image of a cheque with me.;):smile:

A

another_dave_b

postman said:
Cars,get a quote for a kitchen.Without blinking she said £x. My stomach went into my boots.

We had a kitchen rep call yesterday on our invitation.To measure up and talk details.We go see a computer image next week.

I might take a computer image of a cheque with me.;):smile:

Haggle for your life!

Chrisz

Über Member
400 quid for an air con condenser?? A little steep - what car is it?

I paid 120 for my Jag when it went.

Tyres sound a little expensive too - use black circles or mytyres in future - good prices.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Nissan Primera P12 (latest square one) - £330 condenser and fit - big job looking at where it was - part was nearly £170, but had a regas (£70) a few weeks before - just luck the condenser sprung a leak so £400 (refill was free)....

Tyres were cheap at £100 each...been there, researched it loads even on line cheapest was £100. Looking at £150 each for replacement Dunlops (what was on the car), or near £200 for Michelin Pilots. Got Barum Barvuris 2's ZR rated ones (what ever they are) - 215 x 50 x 17"...... the tyres will do 187 mph though....:evil:.......but the car's got no chance......:smile:

Bit pig sick when you are there and a guy pops in for tyres for his Starlet, same make...£55 for two....... FFS..... Bit limited for tyres though as Nissan do funny sizes.... had it on a Sporty Micra in the past....B)

Anyway...they will last a looooong time now my miles are small.

Chrisz

Über Member
Ah, if it was a fitted price then that's not so bad (I did mine myself as I hate paying someone else for doing a job I can do).

Tyres still sound steep - I have used Falken 451s for years and now the 452s 245/45/18 and less than a ton per corner usually. Excellent piece of rubber (Falken supply tyres for the Porsche Cup series) but not one of the sexy names.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Falkens are good - they were on my list but came up at a similar price, and I just happened to be at the garage for the rear pads (i'd normally do them myself, but the winding tool didn't fit) and the Barums were in stock..so thought bugger it....

I do most of the stuff on our cars, but the rear disk pads were a bugger..... 68k miles on the original set ain't bad......

PS you can tell I'm a Manc lad 'bugger it' !!!!!!:evil:;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Car nut here as well...sssshhhhhhh even on a car forum...shhhhhhh - but only occasionally these days.......

Know a fair few bits about cars....but don't like driving them in traffic, it's rubbish. Like the techy stuff as well.....

When folk say you spend £30 on a pedal bike tyre :biggrin:

Top Bottom