'Black box' car insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quietly bets the Zoe will get changed...........

It's a shocking cost to insure young drivers these days, it nearly didn't happen in our household as we'd failed to appreciate just how much it would cost. In twelve months it will be cheaper, which is mad considering she won't have driven for twelve months.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Only experience i know of was my mate's son. He was driving like an idiot and the black box reported back, company cancelled the policy.

I would plug every feasible car into comparison sites, get the cheapest quote and then go hunting for that car. You may be surprised that "older people's " cars come out cheaper than popular small cars that new drivers often crash

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
Quietly bets the Zoe will get changed...........

It's a shocking cost to insure young drivers these days, it nearly didn't happen in our household as we'd failed to appreciate just how much it would cost. In twelve months it will be cheaper, which is mad considering she won't have driven for twelve months.
Similar story with my son too. Think he's driven once (and most of that was Drago style offroad) since he passed 2+ years ago. Living in Leeds and at Uni theres never been a need for it, but he's now thinking of hiring a van for his next flat move and as the contract will stop on last day of month and next one starts on first, and kipping in it overnight. I've told him to get any insurance offered.

Top Bottom